This is exciting ... Dentures

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

SO , my luck is so bad that if I fell into a barrel of titties , Id still come out sucking my thumb

Since 2019 , Ive had some teeth issues unfortunately . My dentist retired when the covid ridiculous shit show started and I didnt realize that an issue I had was advancing . Long story short , I had a disease thing and this past Monday I got upper dentures . My bottoms are good thankfully . As far as dentures go , the place I used was fantastic

Other than the obvious drag of the situation , what I think bugs me the most , is that though Im only 4 days in [ or out , lol ] .... clenching isnt going to happen anytime soon . For me that is a bitch . I mean , Im a clencher all the way . Its not often I hold a pipe and smoke . Ive been clenching since I was 13 . So , the last few days its like ...... ok this is gonna take getting used to

With any luck , all will go well and Ill be clenching again soon enough . If not , it will take as much getting used to not clenching as it is having dentures . Lol , I was hanging with my good friend , Simon [ we smoke together ] and yesterday I was like ... Man , I cant clench , F.M.L . He's a Redcoat and he said to me .... " you clench because youre Italian " .. lol .. I dont know what that means but I almost laughed my teeth out :lol: Simon and I get together at least once or twice a week and sometimes more . He is one of my favorite people on the planet and he really enjoys his pipe . Lately , weve smoked some cigars together too and I turned him on to some stuff and White Owls , which he seems to enjoy as much as I do
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:09 pm SO , my luck is so bad that if I feel into a barrel of titties , Id still come out sucking my thumb

Since 2019 , Ive had some teeth issues unfortunately . My dentist retired when the covid ridiculous shit show started and I didnt realize that an issue I had was advancing . Long story short , I had a disease thing and this past Monday I got upper dentures . My bottoms are good thankfully . As far as dentures go , the place I used was fantastic

Other than the obvious drag of the situation , what I think bugs me the most , is that though Im only 4 days in [ or out , lol ] .... clenching isnt going to happen anytime soon . For me that is a bitch . I mean , Im a clencher all the way . Its not often I hold a pipe and smoke . Ive been clenching since I was 13 . So , the last few days its like ...... ok this is gonna take getting used to

With any luck , all will go well and Ill be clenching again soon enough . If not , it will take as much getting used to not clenching as it is having dentures . Lol , I was hanging with my good friend , Simon [ we smoke together ] and yesterday I was like ... Man , I cant clench , F.M.L . He's a Redcoat and he said to me .... " you clench because youre Italian " .. lol .. I dont know what that means but I almost laughed my teeth out :lol: Simon and I get together at least once or twice a week and sometimes more . He is one of my favorite people on the planet and he really enjoys his pipe . Lately , weve smoked some cigars together too and I turned him on to some stuff and White Owls , which he seems to enjoy as much as I do
I'm not being a smart ass (for a change) maybe try one of those falcons with the dental bit to try and re-train yourself to clench again. And some pipes lighter than the usual dago war clubs you smoke (OK, I couldn't resist at least a little smartassery)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:19 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:09 pm SO , my luck is so bad that if I feel into a barrel of titties , Id still come out sucking my thumb

I'm not being a smart ass (for a change) maybe try one of those falcons with the dental bit to try and re-train yourself to clench again. And some pipes lighter than the usual dago war clubs you smoke (OK, I couldn't resist at least a little smartassery)
lol ! I hear ya . Yeah , Ive got some light weight pipes . Actually , many of my small pipes [ Im a fan as you are ] are very light in weight . I dont know if this not being able to clench is permanent but for the next little bit , it just isnt going to happen no matter what . Its way freaking weird . It was difficult at work today because Im constantly using my hands and always clenching . Basically , I did alot of relights today
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:19 pm

lol ! I hear ya . Yeah , Ive got some light weight pipes . Actually , many of my small pipes [ Im a fan as you are ] are very light in weight . I dont know if this not being able to clench is permanent but for the next little bit , it just isnt going to happen no matter what . Its way freaking weird . It was difficult at work today because Im constantly using my hands and always clenching . Basically , I did alot of relights today
I can imagine. Probably half of your mouth feels like a foreign object and then you stick a foreign object in it to try and smoke. Doesn't seem like it would be easy or fun
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I’ve heard that people actually take their dentures out and it easy to clench that way. Don’t know how, but i’ve heard it
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Piping Abe wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:38 pm I’ve heard that people actually take their dentures out and it easy to clench that way. Don’t know how, but i’ve heard it
I had a grandmother who could crack walnuts with her gums. Now she coulda clenched a pipe! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Enjoy your new choppers.

I would not say it this way to anyone else but you, old comrade. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I am a clencher too. It would be tough to change that at this point in my life. I hope you get this figured out.

Might be time to ask Saint Apollonia for intercessions.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
HSigurdsson

Ugg, im not looking forward to this.
Im 52 years old as of last week and have all but ONE of my teeth.
I broke this tooth years ago opening a beer bottle. :)
It ended up becoming "bad", so I had it removed last month.
My dad is 84 years old and has all his teeth, so im hoping for the best.
Im a big time clencher with most pipes.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:32 pm Ugg, im not looking forward to this.
Im 52 years old as of last week and have all but ONE of my teeth.
I broke this tooth years ago opening a beer bottle. :)
It ended up becoming "bad", so I had it removed last month.
My dad is 84 years old and has all his teeth, so im hoping for the best.
Im a big time clencher with most pipes.
At 52 , I had all of mine . Here near 57 ... shit happens :thumbs: