Guns and cast iron skillets.

User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm

My father was (also) an Episcopal priest, and we lived in Northeast Harbor. I have bought Moxie from the Pine Tree Market.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithsteamboatWhalehead King
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
steamboat
Junior Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm
My father was (also) an Episcopal priest, and we lived in Northeast Harbor. I have bought Moxie from the Pine Tree Market.
I thought Moxie was a new hipster soda, had no idea it was around back in the day
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:00 pm

steamboat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:38 pm
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm
My father was (also) an Episcopal priest, and we lived in Northeast Harbor. I have bought Moxie from the Pine Tree Market.
I thought Moxie was a new hipster soda, had no idea it was around back in the day
it is such a Maine tradition that it is mentioned in Stuart Little.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
steamboatWhalehead King
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: San Benito

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:26 pm

I lived in New Jersey from 1965 to 1969 so I get NJ tough guy cred. Fuggedaboutit!

Image
This post by Kevin Keith liked by:
Fr_Tom
Image
User avatar
avid
Active Member
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 pm

I’ve never been to Maine and have never met anyone from there, however, about a year ago I did meet someone from Rhode Island. He seemed normal.
This post by avid liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithFr_Tom
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm
My father was (also) an Episcopal priest, and we lived in Northeast Harbor. I have bought Moxie from the Pine Tree Market.
You can take a boy out of Maine, but you can't take Maine out of a man. There is something about Maine that sticks with a person and makes them better in the end. :king:
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
Fr_Tom
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
User avatar
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 pm

steamboat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:38 pm
I thought Moxie was a new hipster soda, had no idea it was around back in the day
Ted Williams drank it. I drink it when I can find it, which isn't often outside of New England. Moxie has been an honest soft drink that used to be more popular than Coca-Cola.... then people lost their tastebuds and the whole world went to hell in a hand basket.

Now I'm going to log off and sing our family's song.



It's swell.
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
Fr_Tom
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
User avatar
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 pm

avid wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 pm
I’ve never been to Maine and have never met anyone from there, however, about a year ago I did meet someone from Rhode Island. He seemed normal.
Were you drunk at the time?
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
Fr_Tomavid
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
User avatar
avid
Active Member
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:34 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 pm
avid wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 pm
I’ve never been to Maine and have never met anyone from there, however, about a year ago I did meet someone from Rhode Island. He seemed normal.
Were you drunk at the time?
LOL!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
Bamarick
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:11 am

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:30 am

steamboat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:46 pm
Moxie!!! how did you know about that!. I never even heard of that stuff,
Heck I know about Moxie here in Podunk Junction AL :roll: I bought a bottle once at the local Cracker Barrel. Please note that I said "once" cause that was enough for me :oops:
Just an old retired Telephone Man trying to enjoy life.
Post Reply