Sometimes You Gotta Say it

Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 am i've been tryng to get banned from another forum based on participation in the cooking section, it's turned out to be more of a challenge than i anticipated... :? :D
Of all the places... The cooking section! LOL
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 am
avid wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 am i've been tryng to get banned from another forum based on participation in the cooking section, it's turned out to be more of a challenge than i anticipated... :? :D
i know, unless i resort to tactics that are way beneath me, being banned from PSD will probably endure as my crowning achievement (although in fairness, with the mgt over there it's like falling off a log...LOL) sorry for the sidetrack
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

It is impressive to be banned w/o a single post.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 am
i know, unless i resort to tactics that are way beneath me, being banned from PSD will probably endure as my crowning achievement (although in fairness, with the mgt over there it's like falling off a log...LOL) sorry for the sidetrack
In my past experience if you use the word "bandwagon" you'll more than likely offend the right person. I wish you luck. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:56 am It is impressive to be banned w/o a single post.
thank you, it's a gift :facepalm:
insufferable filter guy
avid

Or a curse
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

avid wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 am
That was my strategy. It worked. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:47 am This post is probably inspired by @Rusticated's circumstances and probable departure from the forum...

I'm not an old timer here...wasn't one on the old PSF, either. I'm just a guy that that enjoys the pipe, and has found this forum to be an enjoyable & pleasant respite. Of course, that's because of the members who come together to make this place the place it is. While I don't know any of you personally outside the forum and likely never will, you've become part of me...because you're part of this. When I read your posts, I chuckle. Sometimes I'm moved emotionally. Sometimes I have "aha!" moments when someone shares a helpful tip or bit of info. Sometimes I order tobaccos to try because your descriptions sound so good!

I dunno...maybe I'm out to lunch...but PSF strikes me as a favorite, comfortable cafe. You know the kind of place; if you sit there long enough, sooner or later everyone you know is going to rotate in and out. Greetings are exchanged, bits of news, gossip, all in an atmosphere of acceptance and brotherly-kindness. When someone stops coming in, you miss'em. You wonder where they're at, and how they're doing. And when you hear that hard times have happened, you feel it somewhere inside...and maybe say a prayer or two.

So, I guess I'm trying to say that, as foolish as it may seem to some, you guys matter. I read your posts, enjoy'em, and when you're not around, you're missed. Sure, I'm just a very ordinary, not very memorable guy usually sitting alone having coffee in that cafe. And maybe the entirety of our interaction is no more than a mutual nod and smile...but that nod and smile matters. To me, anyway.

Thanks for being here. And thanks for allowing me to be here, too.
I take a week off the forum and when I come back I find a post like this. A tip of the fedora your way, Mike, from sunny and warm New Orleans to friendly and warm New England.

You've described this forum perfectly, crossing the I's and dotting all the T's. Waitaminnut. I mean the other way around. :oops:

It is a great group here and we are forging a community.

The other day, I was sitting at the bar (I don't go to many coffee shops in my town, they all serve cocktails and beer---this is New Orleans, after all) and I was talking to Jimmy, who none of you know. I was telling Jimmy how it's nice to go every day to a place where I can just hang out, read the newspaper and have a drink and if anyone has something to say, they say it and nobody judges. The conversation will play out until nobody has anything else to add. Jimmy said, "That's why we come here. Sometimes a man has to let something off his chest. It may not be important, but he needs to say it out loud to some other guys. They don't care. They're here for the same reason. We come every day. We enjoy each other's company, and then we go out and get on with our lives."

PSF is a pit stop, a rest stop, a hangout for a few minutes every day where I can relax and get my bearings among likeminded gentleman, no judgment, no worries. Just be. One day follows another. It is good to have a routine.

It is always nice to see everyone here.

As always, it is my distinct pleasure to make all of your acquaintance. You have a friend in New Orleans as I am sure I have a friend wherever you are, who ever is reading this post. Thanks, Mike. You said everything I would have said-----only better.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:16 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:47 am This post is probably inspired by @Rusticated's circumstances and probable departure from the forum...

I'm not an old timer here...wasn't one on the old PSF, either. I'm just a guy that that enjoys the pipe, and has found this forum to be an enjoyable & pleasant respite. Of course, that's because of the members who come together to make this place the place it is. While I don't know any of you personally outside the forum and likely never will, you've become part of me...because you're part of this. When I read your posts, I chuckle. Sometimes I'm moved emotionally. Sometimes I have "aha!" moments when someone shares a helpful tip or bit of info. Sometimes I order tobaccos to try because your descriptions sound so good!

I dunno...maybe I'm out to lunch...but PSF strikes me as a favorite, comfortable cafe. You know the kind of place; if you sit there long enough, sooner or later everyone you know is going to rotate in and out. Greetings are exchanged, bits of news, gossip, all in an atmosphere of acceptance and brotherly-kindness. When someone stops coming in, you miss'em. You wonder where they're at, and how they're doing. And when you hear that hard times have happened, you feel it somewhere inside...and maybe say a prayer or two.

So, I guess I'm trying to say that, as foolish as it may seem to some, you guys matter. I read your posts, enjoy'em, and when you're not around, you're missed. Sure, I'm just a very ordinary, not very memorable guy usually sitting alone having coffee in that cafe. And maybe the entirety of our interaction is no more than a mutual nod and smile...but that nod and smile matters. To me, anyway.

Thanks for being here. And thanks for allowing me to be here, too.
I take a week off the forum and when I come back I find a post like this. A tip of the fedora your way, Mike, from sunny and warm New Orleans to friendly and warm New England.

You've described this forum perfectly, crossing the I's and dotting all the T's. Waitaminnut. I mean the other way around. :oops:

It is a great group here and we are forging a community.

The other day, I was sitting at the bar (I don't go to many coffee shops in my town, they all serve cocktails and beer---this is New Orleans, after all) and I was talking to Jimmy, who none of you know. I was telling Jimmy how it's nice to go every day to a place where I can just hang out, read the newspaper and have a drink and if anyone has something to say, they say it and nobody judges. The conversation will play out until nobody has anything else to add. Jimmy said, "That's why we come here. Sometimes a man has to let something off his chest. It may not be important, but he needs to say it out loud to some other guys. They don't care. They're here for the same reason. We come every day. We enjoy each other's company, and then we go out and get on with our lives."

PSF is a pit stop, a rest stop, a hangout for a few minutes every day where I can relax and get my bearings among likeminded gentleman, no judgment, no worries. Just be. One day follows another. It is good to have a routine.

It is always nice to see everyone here.

As always, it is my distinct pleasure to make all of your acquaintance. You have a friend in New Orleans as I am sure I have a friend wherever you are, who ever is reading this post. Thanks, Mike. You said everything I would have said-----only better.

WK! Welcome back! How's by you in the hospitality business? :king: :thumbs:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:16 pm
As always, it is my distinct pleasure to make all of your acquaintance. You have a friend in New Orleans as I am sure I have a friend wherever you are, who ever is reading this post. Thanks, Mike. You said everything I would have said-----
You're a poet for certain, WK. :) Sounds like you've got a great place to be...I envy that. Glad you're back!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-