Sometimes You Gotta Say it

Tsal
Forum Decorum

oldbill wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm heck even the competition BBQ forum that I was on was pretty crazy at times! LOL!
:lol:
Now that right there is funny!
The Troll Whisperer
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm
oldbill wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm heck even the competition BBQ forum that I was on was pretty crazy at times! LOL!
It's true. I got lambasted a few years back when I asked if anyone had recipe for Stubb's sauce. "You shouldn't try to steal another man's sauce!"
ever forward
avid

you guys are all figments of my virtual reality
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

arturo7 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 pm
It's true. I got lambasted a few years back when I asked if anyone had recipe for Stubb's sauce. "You shouldn't try to steal another man's sauce!"
Wow! I never would have thought...
The Troll Whisperer
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Yeah, it's amazing how insane grown adults can get over some of the most petty things. I've witnessed heated exchanges over cooking with tin foil, the use of charcoal in a BBQ pit and the biggest, most unforgivable sin of using lighter fluid to start the charcoal!!! Now I'll bet that our Father Tom would tell us that everyone has fallen short and all can be forgiven but to serious BBQ people there is no redemption and there's a special place in Hades for people who use lighter fluid in a BBQ pit!!! :lol:
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

My first journey into internet forums was in the car audio world... Talk about swimming with the anal retentive nerd elite. Those folks would argue about distortion percentages that the human ear absolutely cannot process in a perfect world, much less a moving vehicle. Then they'd get their panties in a bunch, delete all of their "relevant test data" and vanish for 30 days or so.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

oldbill wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 am
Yeah, it's amazing how insane grown adults can get over some of the most petty things. I've witnessed heated exchanges over cooking with tin foil, the use of charcoal in a BBQ pit and the biggest, most unforgivable sin of using lighter fluid to start the charcoal!!! Now I'll bet that our Father Tom would tell us that everyone has fallen short and all can be forgiven but to serious BBQ people there is no redemption and there's a special place in Hades for people who use lighter fluid in a BBQ pit!!! :lol:
I bet those people rub two sticks together to start their fire. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
rekamepip
Codger in Training

oldbill wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 am Now I'll bet that our Father Tom would tell us that everyone has fallen short and all can be forgiven but to serious BBQ people there is no redemption and there's a special place in Hades for people who use lighter fluid in a BBQ pit!!! :lol:
Isn't that kind of like lighting your pipe with a Zippo ?
avid

i've been tryng to get banned from another forum based on participation in the cooking section, it's turned out to be more of a challenge than i anticipated... :? :D
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

oldbill wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:00 am Now I'll bet that our Father Tom would tell us that everyone has fallen short and all can be forgiven...
Amen brother...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017