What else do you enjoy?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

I have two son's one is 5 one is 3. Other than work, eat and sleep I smoke a small variety of tobacco in a few different pipes.
The Troll Whisperer
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Bamarick wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm
oldbill wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 am As a Mexican Soldado at the Alamo production in Brackettville TX. we used John Wayne's set. :D
I'm on the left...
Hood's Texas Brigade at Gettysburg moving to take position in the battle line...
I think I'm just a bit jealous of your CW reenacting. The closest I've came is buying myself a repro P53 Enfield which I shoot occasionally.
Yeah I miss my Enfield, from the color stain to the rate of twist in the bore it was an exact reproduction of an 1861. I sold most of my stuff and got out of the hobby several years ago due to how expensive it was getting. That Enfield was $300 when I bought it but now it's going for about $1000 new and the uniform, accoutrements, etc. are equally as inflated in price over what I payed about 35 years ago. :roll: Oh well... it was fun while it lasted. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Middle Earth

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:16 pm I have two son's one is 5 one is 3. Other than work, eat and sleep I smoke a small variety of tobacco in a few different pipes.
I see we zeroed out SWMBO :lurk:
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Middle Earth wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:16 pm I have two son's one is 5 one is 3. Other than work, eat and sleep I smoke a small variety of tobacco in a few different pipes.
I see we zeroed out SWMBO :lurk:
No, she's there, always there. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

I am lucky enough to run my own business so I spend most of my time reading and thinking about how to grow our business and be a better goodwill ambassador for New Orleans. My wife and I explore out of the way parts of the city every day on our motor scooters and, as an armchair historian/philosopher, I spend a lot of time researching what goes on in New Orleans in order to understand it better and be able to share it with people who are visiting for the first time or the fiftieth.

Confederate Hall is the Civil War Museum in New Orleans. Jefferson Davis laid in state there when he died. It contains a lot of Confederate artifacts, naturally, and it is located in a beautiful historic building that was built for that purpose. https://confederatemuseum.com

I am a flaneur, so I spend most of my time wandering about the city, making connections and putting down deeper roots. I am a Yankee by birth but the city has accepted me as a New Orleanian. I don't claim to be a native but I fit in and that is what brings me the most joy during my days----even more than smoking pipes!

I have no background in the hospitality business. I am an autodidact who is happiest reading and teaching myself marketing and business and performing customer service. I feel I live a charmed life and most of what I do is directed to being the best in my accidental profession.
Whistlebritches

Sipping fine bourbon,smoking fine cigars,fishing both fresh and saltwater,hunting wing to hoof and travel conus and outus with my wife.I get too damn little of all but relish every minute doing the things I love
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I dig redheads . I play the hell out of a guitar , both acoustic and electric . I'll go on a gig binge sometimes . I dig the woods . Of course the family is where the free time goes to and the former things I mentioned don't get touched on very often because it's family and work . I could use a vacation but when that happens it will probably be a permanent one that will start in purgatory if I'm Lucky .
I used to read alot before the first PSF . I was big into reading Roman text for years . PSF came along and I mellowed that out . I read about stuff ( non fiction ) . Whem i do read fiction , its either folklore , western or comics . Its usually comics . Captain America , Super boy ( mostly ) and the stuff Ma wouldn't let me read as a kid . At 52 , I can read weird war if I want to now
I dig knives
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
racinghoss

Forgot to mention that I love music. Faves are heavy metal and bluegrass. Anytime I hear a banjo or fiddle in a metal song, I get a big kick out of it. I've fiddled (no pun intended) with learning to play the mandolin for a few years. Meh, on the success of that.
Peacock

I enjoy helping small businesses grow/maintain/build a community with digital marketing, I started a side biz about 4 years ago and have just a few clients, enough to keep me busy when not maintaining the family and home, but when things go right - it's awesome to watch it snowball. My dayjob is web analytics, so I like having the control to push the right buttons rather than wait for the bureaucracy to make decisions. I also play some music here and there (guitar, ukulele, tenor sax), run a men's league basketball team and (a lot less often than I used to) homebrew beer and cider. My kegerator has basically become a beer fridge, since I so rarely keg any homebrews anymore :( I enjoy cycling a lot, too, but it's mainly a means-to-an-end to avoid traffic to work and get a little fitness in the day.
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I am a retired teacher and a full-time parish priest. I have two daughters (one is still at home) and a long-suffering wife of almost 37 years. I pray and attend more worship services than most people, and I am reasonably involved in the community. I have a heart for ecumenism, and meet regularly with clergy from other denominations. I chair a board for a group of local churches.

At different times in my life, I have done a lot of motorcycle touring and hunting.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017