My Houston bourbon haul

Ronv69
Founding Member

Whistlebritches wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 pm Ronv if I recall correctly you're up in The Woodlands.You ever buy cigars in "the gas station"?Or up at the last exit heading north drop into Mike's for a smoke and some conversation?The Mexican food place next door pretty damn good too
I don't smoke cigars. I never heard of the "gas station. I have enjoyed several pipes at Mike's. Nice people. I worked in the Woodlands, but I am retired and I live in Humble, so I don't get up there much anymore. I will be going to the office next week for the company September birthday lunch, but I probably won't be hanging around.
God and Texas!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Since this is a bourbon thread, and I know zero about it, I'm gonna post a question. Dear Sweetie is going to do some baking that calls for a glaze made with Kentucky bourbon. Can you guys recommend something that will fill the bill and not break the bank?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
avid

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:42 pm Since this is a bourbon thread, and I know zero about it, I'm gonna post a question. Dear Sweetie is going to do some baking that calls for a glaze made with Kentucky bourbon. Can you guys recommend something that will fill the bill and not break the bank?
in my experience any cheap bourbon will do as a cooking ingredient...i wouldn't put a dent in a bottle of good sipping boubon for that
insufferable filter guy
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

avid wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:48 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:42 pm Since this is a bourbon thread, and I know zero about it, I'm gonna post a question. Dear Sweetie is going to do some baking that calls for a glaze made with Kentucky bourbon. Can you guys recommend something that will fill the bill and not break the bank?
in my experience any cheap bourbon will do as a cooking ingredient...i wouldn't put a dent in a bottle of good sipping boubon for that
Thanks, brother!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-