Weller Special Reserve 90 proof

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

In a recent work trip to Houston, I purchased a bottle of this juice . I hadn't had it before but should have bought all they had . Really really damn good , this one . The spice going on in it is excellent and balanced to my taste . The aroma , finish .. you name it , this is good stuff .

I'm no expert , but if i were , this would be one of Ruffs reccomendations

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Davidy97

Rumor is there is a recent shortage of this and buffalo trace. Specs in Houston started a 1 bottle per person rationing on it this week. Weller special reserve and Weller 12 yr is really good if you can find it.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Davidy97 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:12 am Rumor is there is a recent shortage of this and buffalo trace. Specs in Houston started a 1 bottle per person rationing on it this week. Weller special reserve and Weller 12 yr is really good if you can find it.
I bet they're excellent !
Surlywill

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 am In a recent work trip to Houston, I purchased a bottle of this juice . I hadn't had it before but should have bought all they had . Really really damn good , this one . The spice going on in it is excellent and balanced to my taste . The aroma , finish .. you name it , this is good stuff .

Will look to see if it’s available locally. Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare that was excellent. For once the hype was accurate.
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Surlywill wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:27 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 am In a recent work trip to Houston, I purchased a bottle of this juice . I hadn't had it before but should have bought all they had . Really really damn good , this one . The spice going on in it is excellent and balanced to my taste . The aroma , finish .. you name it , this is good stuff .

Will look to see if it’s available locally. Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare that was excellent. For once the hype was accurate.
I've got about an 8th of the bottle left , which isn't alot . I drank the bottle pretty quick or quickier than most . I've got a few different bottles open , so they last a long time , but this one I could really drink on :)

Thankfully I have a consistent source for old granddad114 . Its an hour drive but worth it
Whistlebritches

I love all the Weller offerings,sadly only the Special Reserve is available in my area with any consistancy.The 12 and the Antique are fantastic .........and hard to find.Luckily OGD 114 is readily available in my area.