Henry McKenna Straight Bourbon Whiskey . First impression

Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 pm Ok , so I know I whined about being sick for a couple three nights ... man , I was a wreck and could not breath through my nose no matter what .. major head pressure , intense stuff man . One night I had one shot ... next morning felt like hell stlll . The following night I had two shots .. plus a little shot [ that was last night ] .. today , Im good to go . Not 100 percent but went to work again and fel much much better ...... Henry McKenna ... cures what ails ya
I picked up a cold last night. I started sneezing at 4AM and kept it up for an hour. I sure don't feel like drinking whiskey. Especially with the cold meds in my system. I hope mine just goes away soon.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:09 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 pm Ok , so I know I whined about being sick for a couple three nights ... man , I was a wreck and could not breath through my nose no matter what .. major head pressure , intense stuff man . One night I had one shot ... next morning felt like hell stlll . The following night I had two shots .. plus a little shot [ that was last night ] .. today , Im good to go . Not 100 percent but went to work again and fel much much better ...... Henry McKenna ... cures what ails ya
I picked up a cold last night. I started sneezing at 4AM and kept it up for an hour. I sure don't feel like drinking whiskey. Especially with the cold meds in my system. I hope mine just goes away soon.
I hope so too , Ron . Ill b having more of teh McKenna tonight .. with any luck , Ill be superman tomorrow
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:20 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:09 pm
I hope so too , Ron . Ill b having more of teh McKenna tonight .. with any luck , Ill be superman tomorrow
I feel better today. I am about to have some of Sid Stavros egg chicken meatball soup, that is supposed to cure the common cold and help you to live to be 100.
God and Texas!
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Shoot MrPipster, a drop or two of water takes the edge off. I've had all the bourbons listed, and McKena is up in my purchase list. My county just went "wet" so the store owners are still trying to figure out who buys what and how often. I told them to get the garbage Tennessee junk off the shelf and stock more Kentucky bourbon, and they recently seem to have listened. The same bottles of Jack and Dickel sat there for a while, and when they were gone, somwas their five wide shelf space. They haven't gotten McKena yet, but I can tell it's coming. They did restock OGD 114.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

MarineDad wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:30 pm Was in my local store today picking up some EW Black. They had the Henry McKenna 10 yr. in stock. Will go back tomorrow to pick up some since TN now allows liquor sales on Sunday.
Yes they do :D . I've yet to actually purchase any on a Sunday though. Where you at in Tn?

Ps... I missed three pages before my last response. Could be me just finishing my VOB 80 that caused it.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Its that time of the evening .. about 11:30 pm . Poured a shot or so of the McKenna
MarineDad
Founding Member

Wildcrow wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:56 pm
MarineDad wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:30 pm Was in my local store today picking up some EW Black. They had the Henry McKenna 10 yr. in stock. Will go back tomorrow to pick up some since TN now allows liquor sales on Sunday.
Yes they do :D . I've yet to actually purchase any on a Sunday though. Where you at in Tn?

Ps... I missed three pages before my last response. Could be me just finishing my VOB 80 that caused it.
Franklin
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Nice. Franklins a neat area. I'm near Red Boiling Springs in a rural area you've likely never heard of.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MarineDad wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:16 am
Wildcrow wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Franklin
Damn , I just got all psyched . Theres a Franklin , NC not far from here . Thats what i though when I read that
MarineDad
Founding Member

Going to crack this open later tonight!