Soda recommendations, please!

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fresca is the numero uno drink to accompany a machine made cigar.

Fresca goes well with frozen pizza, too, and St. Bernard dogs carry it around their necks in the Alps.

Freezy Fresca. It's grapefruit flavored.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:26 pm Freezy Fresca. It's grapefruit flavored.
Morey Amsterdam drank Fresca? I knew he and Dick were meerschaum men, much to Rose Marie's chagrin, but I didn't know he was a fan of Freezy! Was it Fresca that gave Rose Marie that certain je ne sais quoi? I'll bet Buddy's pipe had a hand in it or vice versa.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The umpire was Sid Melton, not Morey Amsterdam. Don't put me on your foe list!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:19 pm The umpire was Sid Melton, not Morey Amsterdam. Don't put me on your foe list!
Right you are sir! I'm embarrassed to say the least. As for your request... To put you on my foe list, I would first have to take you off said list and then put you back on. That would just take to much of my time, so consider yourself safe... for now.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Puff nstuff

I found this the other day in the same market that I buy things like cod liver and Bulgarian sheep milk cheese, and Indian sides and spicy Asian sauces...kvass.
Anyone of Lithuanian descent out there ever tried this? It's described as a rye & barley soda flavored with caraway seeds. It's not bad, actually, sorta 'farmy' tasting...
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:39 pm I found this the other day in the same market that I buy things like cod liver and Bulgarian sheep milk cheese, and Indian sides and spicy Asian sauces...kvass.
Anyone of Lithuanian descent out there ever tried this? It's described as a rye & barley soda flavored with caraway seeds. It's not bad, actually, sorta 'farmy' tasting...
That is a good find. I doubt I will find it in New Orleans but my eyes are now peeled. I know some places that might sell this, but, I doubt it. I am on the hunt. Thanks for the tip.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:39 pm I found this the other day in the same market that I buy things like cod liver and Bulgarian sheep milk cheese, and Indian sides and spicy Asian sauces...kvass.
Sounds like something I'd like to try, if I ever stumble across it.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

It must be good. It won three medals.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Hopefully not farmy in the same way that perique rings the barnyard bell :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:41 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:03 pm I'd just go with TaB's citrus running mate, Fresca. Cel-Ray is another option.
A world without Fresca would be like a world without sunshine.
I really liked the Fresca with sugar, but they stopped making it years ago. Iiked Tab when I was little, but when they changed it from cyclamate to saccharine I couldn't drink it any more.
God and Texas!