Trying some new ones.

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Anyone else here pick up 50ml. bottles of whiskeys to try?
I picked up 5 new to me bottles today.
Winchester,Hays Parker,Watkins Select,Lonehand, and Knob Creek. I will try Knob Creek first as the reviews I have read were all very positive.
Any thoughts on these?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whistlebritches

mrpipster wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:48 pm Anyone else here pick up 50ml. bottles of whiskeys to try?
I picked up 5 new to me bottles today.
Winchester,Hays Parker,Watkins Select,Lonehand, and Knob Creek. I will try Knob Creek first as the reviews I have read were all very positive.
Any thoughts on these?
If you start with Knob Creek just remember ...........it is the only whisky worth drinking in your round up.So please don't judge bourbon by those others.Total Wine and More is a great liquor store just beware of their exclusive spirits.All that being said of your others I have drank none......I researched their pedigree,in bourbon/whisky that is all you need to know.Also most 80 proof bourbon is below bottom shelf,look for 86 proof and up.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Yea you were right. I didnt like any of them to be honest.
Whistlebritches

mrpipster wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:22 pm Yea you were right. I didnt like any of them to be honest.
Tell me all of the bourbons you have enjoyed and what you liked about them.I'm no expert but I have been a bourbon enthusiast for over 30 years.I want to steer you in the right direction.

I'm enjoying a couple fingers of Old Forester Statesman with an H Upmann corona from 06...........If I could afford it I'd do this combo daily.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Let me think about that.
I missed out on a bourbon lottery at a Total Wine and More store this morning. I really like the reviews I read about Eagle Rare 10 year though.
Whistlebritches

mrpipster wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:30 pm Let me think about that.
I missed out on a bourbon lottery at a Total Wine and More store this morning. I really like the reviews I read about Eagle Rare 10 year though.
I know a few people who really like it.Oddly however the finish just ruins it for me........I get a moldy wood flavor.Only a couple other people have agreed with me,at least that proves its not a mental thing on my end.