What Beer Is Slaking Your Thirst?

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:26 pm
Wildcat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:56 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:45 pm

You know I haven't seen it in ages either. Maybe check drizly and see if it's available in your area?
https://drizly.com/beer-brands/lowenbrau/b3553
Unavailable. Bummer.

I do have some good news on the beer front, I'm saving for Friday. Good for me anyway :lol:
I saw it in Germany this summer and came so close to buying some, but I opted for others because, you know, Germany - there were just so many awesome choices.
That's the real deal right there!! As I understand it, the version of my youth was an Americanized version brewed under the authority of Miller Brewing. Still, it was really good.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

So I missed posting this yesterday. My Friday reveal is now a Saturday reveal!

I've missed it for what's got to be some three years now. I've talked about the NYC only Schaefer that came out after the original disappeared. (Still haven't been able to get any of that.) But I've missed my old friend.

So my son says he has a surprise for me the other day. He was in one of two discount beer stores we have locally and finds a stack of these! He picked up one of these Super 30s of Schaefer for me!

I went in and found the owner Lou and asked him is it back? I usually just ask him, "Have you heard anything?" Actually when he sees me he just says, "Nothing yet!" and laughs. Anyway he says he's not sure if it's back for good or if these 30 racks are some kind of trial run. I know online and locally people miss it. So here's hoping. Lou also said that they're got a long date on them. October. You should grab a few. So I did. I figure if I pace myself, and I do anymore, 120 cans should last me through winter.

Cheers!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:09 am So I missed posting this yesterday. My Friday reveal is now a Saturday reveal!

I've missed it for what's got to be some three years now. I've talked about the NYC only Schaefer that came out after the original disappeared. (Still haven't been able to get any of that.) But I've missed my old friend.

So my son says he has a surprise for me the other day. He was in one of two discount beer stores we have locally and finds a stack of these! He picked up one of these Super 30s of Schaefer for me!

I went in and found the owner Lou and asked him is it back? I usually just ask him, "Have you heard anything?" Actually when he sees me he just says, "Nothing yet!" and laughs. Anyway he says he's not sure if it's back for good or if these 30 racks are some kind of trial run. I know online and locally people miss it. So here's hoping. Lou also said that they're got a long date on them. October. You should grab a few. So I did. I figure if I pace myself, and I do anymore, 120 cans should last me through winter.

Cheers!
Great find! Hopefully it's as good as you remember it. Show your love for Schaefer with this https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/31522 ... lsrc=aw.ds
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Puff nstuff

I'm drinking a very delicious citrus wheat ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing called Sunny Little Thing, along with a nip of mezcal.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Puff nstuff

Grolsch. That's a fun word to say - Grolsch.

Silver
Certified Codger

Yuengling Lager.
kschatey

I've been hitting the O'doul's Amber Ale HARD lately.
Puff nstuff

I'm on my 3rd. Apparently I'm ready for the weekend, but I still have one more day at the salt mine. #2 was the Sunny Little Thing, and #3 is Breckinridge Vanilla Porter. I'm cooking for tomorrow, and I'm in the mood to keep going with the suds...
Wildcat
Codger in Training

A few of these this evening.
kschatey