What Beer Is Slaking Your Thirst?

Silver
Certified Codger

kschatey wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:37 pm Image
Two of those, guaranteed headache for me!
Silver
Certified Codger

Yuengling Black & Tan, ice-friggin' cold.
kschatey

Silver wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:13 pm
kschatey wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:37 pm Image
Two of those, guaranteed headache for me!
I used to be really into the high octane stuff, but only at 9% just one of these put me down last night. Lots has changed over the years...
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Enjoying a Victory Golden Monkey

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

High alcohol beers tell me tastebuds, "Yer drinkin' beer flavored cough syrup." :D I had myself a Modelo the other day. A couple of evenings ago, a Guinness Draught Stout...which I really enjoy.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:42 pm High alcohol beers tell me tastebuds, "Yer drinkin' beer flavored cough syrup." :D I had myself a Modelo the other day. A couple of evenings ago, a Guinness Draught Stout...which I really enjoy.
There's a really fine line on alcohol content in beer before it starts getting too weird. A barrel aged stout is usually the exception to the rule
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Another Golden Monkey tonight. Perfect for a single beer on a work night. I used to drink these a lot when I lived close to the brewery. My tolerance got ridiculously high, a six pack of regular light beer did nothing for me.
Puff nstuff

I had a Sam Adams Oktoberfest tonight. I really look forward to this time of year, to consume lots of fest beers and bratwurst. 🍺🌭
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:11 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:42 pm High alcohol beers tell me tastebuds, "Yer drinkin' beer flavored cough syrup." :D I had myself a Modelo the other day. A couple of evenings ago, a Guinness Draught Stout...which I really enjoy.
There's a really fine line on alcohol content in beer before it starts getting too weird. A barrel aged stout is usually the exception to the rule
I've never tried a barrel-aged stout, but it sounds interesting. I did sample a barrel-aged mead one time, and thought it was pretty amazing.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Puff nstuff

For higher alcohol beers I like barleywines, strong ales, dopplebocks, Russian Imperial stouts, and Belgian dubbels and trippels. Old Foghorn, Bigfoot, Old Rasputin, Brown Shugga, Fat Hog, Aventinus, Maredsous 8...so many good beers in these dark, malty styles, especially for fall and winter weather.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪