Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:43 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:39 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:37 pm

Don't panic! It's organic!
Only time i’ve seen that on a beer. Freakin dumb :lol:
I'm sure they paid dearly for that certification too
I’m buying a cow next week from my buddy. He said the only difference between certified angus and regular is the money they pay them for the certification.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:55 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:39 pm

Only time i’ve seen that on a beer. Freakin dumb :lol:
I’m buying a cow next week from my buddy. He said the only difference between certified angus and regular is the money they pay them for the certification.
And he's absolutely correct
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:38 pm

True story? Just marketing?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:34 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:38 pm

True story? Just marketing?
Yes it is. Same with the Better Business Burea. If you don’t pay them, they will not accredit you. These companies don’t exist for us. Its just to make themselves profit.
Sheridan

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:35 pm Been enjoying this. Although the Pure Gold is only 3.8% ABV instead of the normal 4.2% the flavor is more what I prefer. Michelob Ultra makes a great light beer. Not much flavor, but it is not bad at all for low carb beer

Now that’s just showing off! Lol
A pipe handled beer mug, love it! :bow:

My favourite beer is Timmy Taylor’s Landlord (on tap). Don’t know if you can get it in the states, highly recommended if you can. Even Madonna gets on it whenever she’s in England.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Sheridan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:30 am
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:35 pm Been enjoying this. Although the Pure Gold is only 3.8% ABV instead of the normal 4.2% the flavor is more what I prefer. Michelob Ultra makes a great light beer. Not much flavor, but it is not bad at all for low carb beer

My favourite beer is Timmy Taylor’s Landlord (on tap). Don’t know if you can get it in the states, highly recommended if you can. Even Madonna gets on it whenever she’s in England.
Thanks!
I’d love to get me some Old Speckled Hen over here
Sheridan

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:36 am

Thanks!
I’d love to get me some Old Speckled Hen over here
That’s another good one. :thumbs:
I’d be surprised if you couldn’t find it sold online somewhere in the states. Be a perfect beer for your tankard.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Telling me that Madonna endorses a product is a sure fire way to make sure I avoid it like the plague :lol:
Sheridan

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:53 am

Telling me that Madonna endorses a product is a sure fire way to make sure I avoid it like the plague :lol:
I know what you mean…she’s just as annoying now as she was back in the 80’s.
What about Miles Cyrus? I’ve heard she likes a pint.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sheridan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:09 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:53 am

I know what you mean…she’s just as annoying now as she was back in the 80’s.
What about Miles Cyrus? I’ve heard she likes a pint.
I probably should have clarified a bit. Any celebrity endorsement puts things in the no category for me :lol: