Briar Lee

Schlitz, if I can get it.

Pabst if I can’t.

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Guinness of course.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:55 pm Guinness of course.

I grabbed an 8 pack of Guinness at the store today. Seems so much lighter in flavor than it used to. Maybe it's just me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:08 pm

I grabbed an 8 pack of Guinness at the store today. Seems so much lighter in flavor than it used to. Maybe it's just me
Its been my go-to for a while. I drank the Nitro-cans for a while then realized they charged more for them. The bottle also taste better. I’ve drank Guinness in Ireland and Scotland. And man thats where I discovered it. It is life changing. I will go back for sure.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:20 pm

Its been my go-to for a while. I drank the Nitro-cans for a while then realized they charged more for them. The bottle also taste better. I’ve drank Guinness in Ireland and Scotland. And man thats where I discovered it. It is life changing. I will go back for sure.
I think it's kind of like my tobacco preference... It's on the stronger side nowadays with barrel aged stouts and higher abv
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:26 pm

I think it's kind of like my tobacco preference... It's on the stronger side nowadays with barrel aged stouts and higher abv
You cant get bigger and bolder than Guinness Foreign Extra Stout.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:27 pm

The last time I went on a stout and porter kick they averaged 13-17%abv lol. Even the foreign extra is light in comparison
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:50 pm

The last time I went on a stout and porter kick they averaged 13-17%abv lol. Even the foreign extra is light in comparison
Damn thats absurd for a beer. For a while I drank Victory Golden Monkey. My tolerance went up so high I had to stop. It was 9.5%. I thought we were talking flavor, your talking abv. Gunniess is a slice of bread. Foreign Extra is tbe whole loaf to me.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:57 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:50 pm

Damn thats absurd for a beer. For a while I drank Victory Golden Monkey. My tolerance went up so high I had to stop. It was 9.5%. I thought we were talking flavor, your talking abv. Gunniess is a slice of bread. Foreign Extra is tbe whole loaf to me.
They had both flavor and body. Stuff like ballast point victory at sea ( I think 10%) and the barrel aged version (13%) I guess I should also point out that Evan Williams is the only whiskey I drink on the regular that's under 100 proof. All of my tastes run to the more potent side but Evan has enough flavor and body to be a wonderful daily for an animal like myself
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Guinness and Newcastle Brown Ale. Coaster from the Phantom.

I need more Guinness. Hopefully all the posers didn’t buy it all up for the holiday yet.