The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:58 pm
Tsal wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:14 pm Welp, I tried Blanton's tonight for the first time. It went down smooth and it's good but I don't know what bad bourbon would taste like in comparison. If you like bourbon you like bourbon but I would never spend this kind of money on a bottle of hooch. That's my findings. :lol:
You need some work , man :lol:
That will require more drinking and more money. I'll pass. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

pipedrum22 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:00 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:50 pm
Tsal wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:14 pm Welp, I tried Blanton's tonight for the first time. It went down smooth and it's good but I don't know what bad bourbon would taste like in comparison. If you like bourbon you like bourbon but I would never spend this kind of money on a bottle of hooch. That's my findings. :lol:
Now you gotta collect them all. All the caps to Blantons each have a letter. Once you collect them all, they spell Blantons. Then you buy a fancy cork display for the caps off etsy for about tree fiddy and display it so everyone knows how much of an idiot you are :lol:
It’s the classier version of what rednecks do with their jack daniels empties
I had some friends in college that loved Jack Daniel's. I was given a bottle for HS graduation and I kept refilling it with Ezra Brooks just for them. Last sip I had was Baker's. Good but not worth the price. The bottle has been open for about 4 years and it's really hitting it's stride.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:35 am
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:34 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:57 pm

Thats Kalifornia rubbin off on you right there ^^^^^^^^^ :lol:

Nah , Id try it but I'm not thrilled with Basil Hayden , especially at its price point . Actually , its pretty similar to the Willett , to me anyway ... bright and a bit high in the rye . Richer rye content in a Bourbon doesn't bother me [ Rye and higher rye bourbon is better in a Manhattan , imho ] but I buy Henry McKenna which is in that category , though lower proof ? [ 80 ] . Its damn good . It might not be as good as Basil Hayden but it isnt far off . If you dig Hayden , you might try the McKenna and see what ya think . Its cheap as hell too . I mean , I'm sure you've had McKenna but just sayin
Funny you mention the Rye content. I love the Rye spice. OGD is a very high rye content for bourbon
Yes it is :thumbs: I have to make a run to the liquor store this afternoon and the McKenna is in my sights unless something else does me in
The difference in the bottom and top shelf bourbons isn't that great. Nothing like the price difference.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bulleit rye for a little change of pace
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Puff nstuff

ImageJust cracked a new bottle of Uncle Nearest Rye, gifted to me with a pair of tumblers by a good friend for my birthday.

I like it!!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Silver
Certified Codger

Blade & Bow earlier. Now, Jameson's.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Had Baker's 7 year old last night.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:07 pm Bulleit rye for a little change of pace
My drop dead favorite Rye . I think its perfect
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Had some last night . Twas pretty good

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:33 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:07 pm Bulleit rye for a little change of pace
My drop dead favorite Rye . I think its perfect
I think the Willett estate rye beats the dogwater out of bulleit. At the price point it should though lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin