The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:14 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:22 pm Went on a quick booze run today. Didn't find anything spectacular but grabbed another handle of Evan Williams, a bottle of OGD 114, and Bernheim wheat whiskey (a heaven hill product)
" Nothing spectacular " !? .. man , that sounds like a spectacular run to me . What were you after ?
You're right, even without buying anything too fancy pants it was a decent haul. There was a part of me hoping to luck into a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof but they didn't have it (total wine is basically a big box retailer for liquor so I didn't have much hope) My normal shop has it, but at $80 I'm hesitant to pull the trigger
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

What the heck. I’m stuck in TN and my wife and son are in NC battening down the hatches. Jameson black barrel and ginger ale.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
ncrobb
Founding Member

Anyone tried I. W. Walker lately? Just wondering if it’s changed in the last few years.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I went shopping today...
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:04 pm I went shopping today...
Wow, someone has damn good taste in bourbon!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:09 pm
Wow, someone has damn good taste in bourbon!
Now is a good time to stock up and I went to the right store. Lol
Wooda
Founding Member

Good God in heaven, there was an extra $20 in the budget this month!!

Old Grandad Bonded will be my libational treat until the holidays are over.

It might last even longer than that, considering I've been involuntarily sober for over a month and my ETOH tolerance is nonexistant

La'chiam, friends! Tonight I mix OGD Bondage with hard cider for a sweet sweet Snakebite.

Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Whistlebritches

All good choices,I've actually had them all.That being said in my humble opinion the sleeper of the bunch is the OF Signature 100 proof.I buy it in 1.75's by the case.Best value coming out of Kentucky.I think it drinks better than most $50+ bourbons.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Damn !

Well gentleman .... I went to the dark side the other day . Cown Royal Apple . Had some Thanksgiving and knew jennifer would love it ( shes a hard cider fan ) . Its incredibly smooth . A bit sweet and could use more whiskey flavor but still very good . I made A glaze with it for a pork loin ...it as insane

I have a bottle if OGD114 but haven't pipes it yet . Other than that ... I'm out of bourbon !!! I have half a bottle of Black Velvet Reserve still and I'll finish it off . I'll get to a package store as some point . I sure wish there were one in my county .

I'm curious as to the Old Bardstown... Never Had it . All your choices look fantastic !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 pm
Damn !

Well gentleman .... I went to the dark side the other day . Cown Royal Apple . Had some Thanksgiving and knew jennifer would love it ( shes a hard cider fan ) . Its incredibly smooth . A bit sweet and could use more whiskey flavor but still very good . I made A glaze with it for a pork loin ...it as insane

I have a bottle if OGD114 but haven't pipes it yet . Other than that ... I'm out of bourbon !!! I have half a bottle of Black Velvet Reserve still and I'll finish it off . I'll get to a package store as some point . I sure wish there were one in my county .

I'm curious as to the Old Bardstown... Never Had it . All your choices look fantastic !!
If you mix about 60% crown royal maple and 40% crown royal apple it tastes like a caramel apple. I tried it in a liquor store once because their sales girl was super hot.

The Old Bardstown is very good. Hits my tasters as a little more woody / leathery at the start