The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Wooda
Founding Member

Old grandad bonded, on the rocks.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

JBRiner wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm I’ve been sipping on Buffalo Trace recently. It’s a very good bourbon that isn’t very expensive. Last night I wanted to try a rye so I got a small bottle of Bullet 95 Rye. Good, but not bourbon. I think I can appreciate rye...but not drink a lot of it.
As fa as Rye goes , Bullet is the only one I'll buy anymore ... I freakin love it . But yes , it aint bourbon .. but its another killer whiskey that has its place for sure . I really do appreciate it in a mixed drink , truly . As far as neat , bulleit is the one I like best
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whistlebritches

JBRiner wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm I’ve been sipping on Buffalo Trace recently. It’s a very good bourbon that isn’t very expensive. Last night I wanted to try a rye so I got a small bottle of Bullet 95 Rye. Good, but not bourbon. I think I can appreciate rye...but not drink a lot of it.
I'm a Sazerac Rye guy myself........best I have had to date.
JBRiner

The rye is growing on me. I am a big fan of the Bullet Bourbon, and I am glad I dipped into rye with bullet.

I’ve heard about Sazerac...I haven’t seen it around here though.
Adwyth
Whalehead King

Here's an excerpt from a book I'm reading about advertising. It's called "Oglivy On Advertising." It was written by, ready? Robert Ogivly, who was considered a "wizard" of advertising back in the day.

"Give people a taste of Old Crow and tell them it's Old Crow. Then give them another taste of Old Crow, but tell them it's Jack Daniel's. Ask them which they prefer. They'll think the two drinks are quite different. They are tasting images.

"I have always been hypnotized by Jack Daniel's. The label and the advertising convey an image of homespun honesty, and the high price makes me assume that Jack Daniel's must be superior."

I don't usually drink whiskey except in an Old Fashioned. When I do drink whiskey straight up, it's Suntory time.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Rittenhouse rye is my choice if I go that direction. The bonded is even better
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wooda
Founding Member

Old Overholt is hands down the best value for rye.

Sunday, I was too busy being present in the real world to post here, but 4 fingers of knob Creek cut back with barely a splash of spring water got me through most of an afternoon of "drinking" at the bar with the boys.
The shot of Jameson with pickle juice chaser doesn't count.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

If you've ever wondered how some brands are named...

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Anyone know of a bourbon with caramel notes to it?
It just dawned on me today that our trip to New Mexico took us right down Interstate 44 thru Bourbon,Missouri! My Aunt and Uncle live there. I dont know how many towns around our country still have the good ole 4 leg water towers with the towns name on them but Bourbon Missouri still has one!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

https://goo.gl/images/WkQsbH

Are water towers still a thing where you live?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche