The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Whistlebritches

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:26 pm

mrpipster wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:14 pm
https://goo.gl/images/WkQsbH

Are water towers still a thing where you live?
Absolutely..........lots of larger cities have gone the way of the pump but rural America loves it's water towers and stand pipes.I'm a water operator for two small communities and I assure you,unless forced to you will always see water towers here.
This post by Whistlebritches liked by (total 2):
mrpipsterRuffinogold
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Right on man!
Where are you at WB?
This post by mrpipster liked by:
Whistlebritches
Whistlebritches

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 pm

mrpipster wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm
Anyone know of a bourbon with caramel notes to it?
It just dawned on me today that our trip to New Mexico took us right down Interstate 44 thru Bourbon,Missouri! My Aunt and Uncle live there. I dont know how many towns around our country still have the good ole 4 leg water towers with the towns name on them but Bourbon Missouri still has one!
I had to give this some serious thought.Caramel is one of my favorite finds in a new bourbon.Old Forester Signature 100 proof has it in spades.Also very prominent in Old Forester Statesman.........however this is twice the price of Signature.Another is Weller 12,really hard to find right now,but I also get it in Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107.The old Elijah Craig 12 yo had tons of caramel.......the new release no age statement EC I am unsure of.Caramel is also present in Four Roses small batch.........but it's complexity makes it easy to find on the nose and a little more subdued on the palate.Still a favorite of mine.Hopefully you'll run across some of these.Good luck
Whistlebritches

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:43 pm

mrpipster wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:34 pm
Right on man!
Where are you at WB?
A little greasy spot in the road called Knox City Texas.......I also take care of the small town 3 miles south,Obrien Texas.

Forgot to mention I am also their wastewater operator.........I have to wash my hands between gigs.

I showed mine......now it's your turn.Where are you?
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Well we live in St.Peters Missouri.
I am from a tiny town in Missouri called New Melle.
Whistlebritches
Whistlebritches

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:20 pm

mrpipster wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:11 pm
Well we live in St.Peters Missouri.
I am from a tiny town in Missouri called New Melle.
I grew up in Munday Texas,1200-1500 people,spent 16 years all over the world military and contracting,live in a town of 1100 12 miles west of where I grew up.I still don't know why I came back,maybe the love of small town America

Oh yea this is a whisky thread.......I'm enjoying a gin~n~tonic with a La Palina Classic cigar.LOL
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Since I'm drinking Elijah Craig at the moment (the no age statement stuff) I'll say it has a sweetness but my tastebuds don't pick it up as a caramel flavor sweet
May contain lead paint
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Whistlebritches wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 pm
mrpipster wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm
Anyone know of a bourbon with caramel notes to it?
It just dawned on me today that our trip to New Mexico took us right down Interstate 44 thru Bourbon,Missouri! My Aunt and Uncle live there. I dont know how many towns around our country still have the good ole 4 leg water towers with the towns name on them but Bourbon Missouri still has one!
I had to give this some serious thought.Caramel is one of my favorite finds in a new bourbon.Old Forester Signature 100 proof has it in spades.Also very prominent in Old Forester Statesman.........however this is twice the price of Signature.Another is Weller 12,really hard to find right now,but I also get it in Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107.The old Elijah Craig 12 yo had tons of caramel.......the new release no age statement EC I am unsure of.Caramel is also present in Four Roses small batch.........but it's complexity makes it easy to find on the nose and a little more subdued on the palate.Still a favorite of mine.Hopefully you'll run across some of these.Good luck
I have been wanting to try the 4R small batch so I will give that a try this weekend. Thanks!
Whistlebritches
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:47 pm

EW Black ... but just a little cause I'm going out to the barn to do stuff :D
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Mr Beardsley
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
JBRiner

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:40 pm

I just brought home a bottle of Monkey Shoulder Scotch...my life has changed.
Adwyth