The official Canadian Whisky ways and discussion thread

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

mrpipster wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:10 pm :lol: Canadian whiskey? Thats very un-american. Just sayin.
It is but its tolerated in the Canadian Whisky thread . Actually , when you were going through bourbons , looking for teh ones you like d, I mentioned Canadian whisky , i think . Its good stuff , just drifferent and it aint that Scotch crap :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
avid

mrpipster wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:10 pm :lol: Canadian whiskey? Thats very un-american. Just sayin.
canadian whisky

i guess if ya spell it different, it tastes better...!!?? ;)
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Black Velvet Reserve with a couple few whisky stones after cleaning the interior of the jeep . Nice and easy going ... smoking an mm cigar with it . Life is good atm
Whalehead King

Whisky or whiskey? I prefer to use the extra E. YMMV. I don't write the word very often. I'm a bourbon man, myself. When it comes to all things Canadian, though, I defer to our neighbors to the north.....

avid

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 pm Whisky or whiskey? I prefer to use the extra E. YMMV. I don't write the word very often. I'm a bourbon man, myself. When it comes to all things Canadian, though, I defer to our neighbors to the north.....

LOL...classic...
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Rush kicks ass
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

So I drank some Black Velvet Reserve tonight and I enjoyed it . The Canadian stuff is so different than bourbon , it really is and I can see a bourbon person not caring for Canadian stuff . They really are two different animals .. Canadian being a Beaver and bourbon being a Bear
Wooda
Founding Member

Gentleman,

I am in great need of a 10year canadian Rye. Whistlepig has sucked the market dry from what I can tell.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Well , been drinking som Black Velvet Reserve this hot ass summer and I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to . I think the Henry McKenna bourbon spoiled me . I like the Canadian stuff cause its a bit st and easy going . the Henry McKenna is a bit swet for a bourbon and way easy going and has the bourbon flavor thing going on ... other than Forty Creek [ which is super excellent ] , I probably wont be buying anymore Canadian
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:35 pm Well , been drinking som Black Velvet Reserve this hot ass summer and I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to . I think the Henry McKenna bourbon spoiled me . I like the Canadian stuff cause its a bit st and easy going . the Henry McKenna is a bit swet for a bourbon and way easy going and has the bourbon flavor thing going on ... other than Forty Creek [ which is super excellent ] , I probably wont be buying anymore Canadian
I've looked at forty creek a time or two but always end up going with one of my old reliables or some well regarded American stuff. One day I'll pull the trigger
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin