Old Grand-Dad Bonded

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whistlebritches wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:17 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 pm Heres the first time you and I are on different pages .... it was bound to happen at some point :D . I've had it and its nothing to get very excited about for me , nor is the 80 proof. I really think the 114 is what the others are shooting for . It's like the 114 is what OGD is , and the others are just cheaper versions / watered down . I get that it isnt horrible, it isnt , its good stuff ... but better than the 114 ... man , thats where you blew my mind out of the water !! :o

However , it's good news for you . Its not as pricey and if you like it more that the 114 [ I still cant imagine but oh well ] , then its a win for you big time .
Well it may be because the 100 proof OGD Bonded is harder to find around here than the 114.I seem to always fall in love with unobtainable or very hard to find stuff.
I hear ya ! I can find the bonded pretty well , but ti be hinest I have looked in a while .. I'm on the lookout for 114 most the time , though I have found it near Atlanta and the guy promised me he always has it in stock . Man , I do love the Virgin Bourbon too ... I'm glad its near by to me . I know its not available in many areas but I finally got lucky on one !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whistlebritches

Picked up another bottle of OGD Bonded yesterday.........no 114 to be found.I really wanted one of each.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whistlebritches wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:11 pm Picked up another bottle of OGD Bonded yesterday.........no 114 to be found.I really wanted one of each.
The 114 is tricky . Soon enough the bourbon fad will give way to something less desirable , like maybe wine coolers or some crap with vodka ... hell , anything else . The prices will come down a bit and availability wont be an issue . Weller , the 80 or 86 proof regular one that is ok but not worth the hype [ Imho ] , as an example , will be cheap again and stocked everywhere . Its been so hot lately that my consumption has dropped considerably . Been on a water kick and I'm surprised the alcohol in my veins hasnt revolted with all the over hydration :lol:

I may have two , maybe three shots worth of the 40 year old OGD Bonded .. I wish you could try some . Hey , if I were to buy one of those airplane sized tiny bottles , and drink whatever it is I bought , I could refill it with the old stuff and you could try it . I'd imagine you'd really flip out
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Whistlebritches wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:11 pm Picked up another bottle of OGD Bonded yesterday.........no 114 to be found.I really wanted one of each.
A group of us went to my favorite liquor store yesterday and I had every intention of buying another bottle of OGD 114. Found that they had received another shipment of Weller antique 107 and they also had a Buffalo Trace single barrel (a true single barrel that they selected, not a marketing gimmick "single barrel" ) so that's what I walked out with
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:29 pm
A group of us went to my favorite liquor store yesterday and I had every intention of buying another bottle of OGD 114. Found that they had received another shipment of Weller antique 107 and they also had a Buffalo Trace single barrel (a true single barrel that they selected, not a marketing gimmick "single barrel" ) so that's what I walked out with
The 107 is supposed to be pretty damn good ! You had it before ? I havent ... yet :D
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:53 pm
The 107 is supposed to be pretty damn good ! You had it before ? I havent ... yet :D
The 107 is extremely tasty. This is the second time I've been able to luck into a bottle
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whistlebritches

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:53 pm

The 107 is extremely tasty. This is the second time I've been able to luck into a bottle
My radar is always on for the Antique 107..........second only to Weller 12.