Coffee

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:39 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Nice!
Last week I burnt out my grinder and my brother in law just gave me a bag of beans from Colombia. He was there visiting his family. I'm going to see if our local coffee house will grind them for me as I never buy whole beans anymore. I don't see buying a grinder just for this one bag.
I wasn't going to buy one either but I was on the bed bath & beyond site for something else and happened to notice they had one on sale. Then since I had an email address that wasn't registered with them I was able to get another 20% off of it and it made my order qualify for free shipping. I think it ended up costing around $29 so I jumped right on down the rabbit hole like I always do
That's a good deal. I have to replace it with something because my wife uses it for spices, I'm just not buying another bean specific grinder.
I have one of these little buggers for grinding spices & it works well enough for me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Bigflo

I love bulletproof fresh ground in a French press just finished a cup with my pipe
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm Image
Great score! we only have the 1lb or whatever around here.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

That's what the wife and I make espresso with . Being Miamians for a time ... we dig the Cuban style coffee espresso. Bustelo and Pilon are both excellent

I've been drinking a ton of Great Value French Roast . Laugh if ya want but it's really good ! Thasts at work . At home it's something more bougie like a Caribou or Petes blend . Days off , I have time for luzianne COFFEE in the French press
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Peacock

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:23 pm
That's what the wife and I make espresso with . Being Miamians for a time ... we dig the Cuban style coffee espresso. Bustelo and Pilon are both excellent

I've been drinking a ton of Great Value French Roast . Laugh if ya want but it's really good ! Thasts at work . At home it's something more bougie like a Caribou or Petes blend . Days off , I have time for luzianne COFFEE in the French press
Ohhhhh I thought you were saying "Louisianan" with the proper accent... Either way my bougie coffee is either Hair Bender from Stumptown (a nice caffeine-heavy blonde roast) or this single-origin Brazilian espresso roasted by a family company out here named Nossa Familia.
ImageImage
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:23 pm
I think the "bricks" are less than a pound. I have to order mine from Walmart. It is $12.58 for the big tub.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=bustello
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The best coffee ive ever had is from coffee am. They roast your order on its own , package and ship it that day . Whomever does their roasting is a wizard .

https://www.coffeeam.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQj ... V-EALw_wcB

I've only had their single origin stuff . Their Kona is off the chart !! Their Sumatran is incredible !! Certain ones are expensive , .like the Kona ( 30 bucks a pound ) , but many are pretty reasonable ... 14 bucks a pound for Sumatra nandheling as an example
I don't buy that stuff often but When I do ..... wow
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:23 pm
I think the "bricks" are less than a pound. I have to order mine from Walmart. It is $12.58 for the big tub.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=bustello
I could go look in the cupboard and see but I'm too lazy. Maybe I'll look the next time I get up. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I see Bustelo all the time at target, Walmart etc. I'll have to snag a brick or bag or whatever I come across next time
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin