Coffee

Wildcat
Codger in Training

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

mrpipster wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:10 pm Is Bustelo really strong? I'm used to Folgers.
I assuming its espresso, but the instant isn't as much strong but rich tasting. I haven't opened the brick yet, but I know it's a fine grind.

Folgers is good. We use Chock Full of Nuts.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Wildcat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 pm

So I need brewing tips from you experts as there are no instructions on the brick and I'd rather get advise here than anywhere else.

By the way, I only have a drip coffee maker at this time.

:lurk:

Bust open the brick an dump the grind in a ziplock.
Put a paper filter in the filter basket.
Fill the pot with water.
Dump the water in the reservoir.
Put the pot in it's spot under the filter basket.
Flip the switch.
Wait.
Pour.
Enjoy!

Is that what you looking for?
ever forward
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:32 pm I found this

https://coffeeaffection.com/make-cafe-b ... right-way/
"With pictures" :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 pm This goes out to all you Cafe Bustelo drinkers.

So, more than a few of you know that I've been an instant coffee drinker since as long as I can remember. I drink more than my fair share of brewed coffee too, but my dad drank instant Maxim when I was a kid and, like smoking, what dad does so do his boys.

Anyway, a bit ago I discovered Bustelo instant and gave it a try because of all the love Bustelo gets around here. It's the best I've ever had and I hope it's around as long as I am. Based on that, today I bought a brick of Bustelo ground coffee to try.

So I need brewing tips from you experts as there are no instructions on the brick and I'd rather get advise here than anywhere else.

There's no instructions on how to brew. It's only coffee and hot water and your tastebuds, bud. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

arturo7 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Fill the pot with water.
Flip the switch.
Wait.
Pour.
Enjoy!

I followed your instructions to the tee. I wound up with hot water. :D
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:03 am
Wildcat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 pm This goes out to all you Cafe Bustelo drinkers.

So, more than a few of you know that I've been an instant coffee drinker since as long as I can remember. I drink more than my fair share of brewed coffee too, but my dad drank instant Maxim when I was a kid and, like smoking, what dad does so do his boys.

Anyway, a bit ago I discovered Bustelo instant and gave it a try because of all the love Bustelo gets around here. It's the best I've ever had and I hope it's around as long as I am. Based on that, today I bought a brick of Bustelo ground coffee to try.

There's no instructions on how to brew. It's only coffee and hot water and your tastebuds, bud. Lol
I get that, but I was looking for taste and strength preferences etc. Despite being Irish, I do know how to brew coffee. I'm working on chewing gum while walking next week! I would have given that a try this week, but I fell trying to descend a flight of stairs for the first time last week and broke my leg.

When I brew chock full of nuts I have a "formula," which is different than what I do with say Great Value Breakfast blend or Folgers or my wife's favorite, New England Blueberry. Knowing that Bustelo is typically brewed in an espresso machine or pot, I wanted to know what I should do using a "Mr Coffee."

I wound up using the coffee/water ratio given in the link. And yes, the pictures helped, seeing as I can't read as well as I used too since I gave welding a try. Apparently you're supposed to wear a welding helmet and not a bike helmet like I did.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:03 am

I get that, but I was looking for taste and strength preferences etc. Despite being Irish, I do know how to brew coffee. I'm working on chewing gum while walking next week! I would have given that a try this week, but I fell trying to descend a flight of stairs for the first time last week and broke my leg.

When I brew chock full of nuts I have a "formula," which is different than what I do with say Great Value Breakfast blend or Folgers or my wife's favorite, New England Blueberry. Knowing that Bustelo is typically brewed in an espresso machine or pot, I wanted to know what I should do using a "Mr Coffee."

I wound up using the coffee/water ratio given in the link. And yes, the pictures helped, seeing as I can't read as well as I used too since I gave welding a try. Apparently you're supposed to wear a welding helmet and not a bike helmet like I did.
:lol:

Ok...1 heaping tablespoon for every 3 cups of water.
The Troll Whisperer
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Wildcat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Fill the pot with water.
Flip the switch.
Wait.
Pour.
Enjoy!

Oops, missed a step...

Good thing I don't write service manuals.
ever forward
Wildcat
Codger in Training

arturo7 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:52 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Fill the pot with water.
Flip the switch.
Wait.
Pour.
Enjoy!

Oops, missed a step...

Good thing I don't write service manuals.
🤣 Same here!!