Coffee

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

We buy coffee from Boyd's up in Portland, OR. We like the "Coffee Shop" blend, and I have really been digging it in our Presto Percolator.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mrm1775

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am Having my first cup of Bustelo this morning and I can see why it's popular. I was placing an order with Walmart and I'd rather have surgery with no anesthesia than use the pick up at the local store. Needed to add a few bucks to the order to get the free shipping and Bustelo sealed the deal
Did you use the same measure of Bustelo as your normal grind?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Mrm1775 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am Having my first cup of Bustelo this morning and I can see why it's popular. I was placing an order with Walmart and I'd rather have surgery with no anesthesia than use the pick up at the local store. Needed to add a few bucks to the order to get the free shipping and Bustelo sealed the deal
Did you use the same measure of Bustelo as your normal grind?
In my little re-usable keurig filter thing I pretty much do (I like it strong in the morning) in a French press I ease it back a bit
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Delish!!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Cameron's "Highlander Grog" in my case. Good stuff.
Wooda
Founding Member

Not regretting buying the tub of Bustello for my drip maker.

Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I was at Costco a couple days ago so I treated myself to a bag of major dickason's blend
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Had to post this one.. The wife, kids and I go thrift shopping on Saturday mornings. I normally don't find a whole lot, but this morning I struck gold.
Been looking for one of these Corning Percolators for ages(like my grandma used to have on her counter), with the removable element and clear glass top. I finally found one, 5.99.. and it works like brand new.
Having a cup of "Great Value Doughnut Shop" in it, and it is surprisingly amazing.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:55 pm Had to post this one.. The wife, kids and I go thrift shopping on Saturday mornings. I normally don't find a whole lot, but this morning I struck gold.
Been looking for one of these Corning Percolators for ages(like my grandma used to have on her counter), with the removable element and clear glass top. I finally found one, 5.99.. and it works like brand new.
Having a cup of "Great Value Doughnut Shop" in it, and it is surprisingly amazing.

Gawd I miss that sound. Score, bruh! ✔
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bro Uhaha wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:02 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:55 pm Had to post this one.. The wife, kids and I go thrift shopping on Saturday mornings. I normally don't find a whole lot, but this morning I struck gold.

Gawd I miss that sound. Score, bruh! ✔
That sound along with the smell of the perking coffee gives it's own little dopamine rush. I also have to say.. I don't know who Walmart is buying coffee from but this stuff is good. I normally buy some shade grown, fair trade, cultivated and cared for by beautiful virgins, hipster blend roasted up in Portland. It's been hit or miss though to find it. I was at Walmart the other day and saw this sitting on the shelf and it said 100% Arabica on it.. gave it a try, and honestly this stuff makes the stuff I was drinking taste like dirty bathwater.
― Theodore Roosevelt