Coffee

Tsal
Forum Decorum

I just seen my other neighbor as I pulled into my driveway, she added footings beside her house, she's getting chickens! Lol... so now I'm bookend with coops. I might buy a rooster just to piss them off. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Tsal wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:40 pm

Who is your source for this false information? Or is this your opinion?
Losing flavor and aroma is basic chemistry.

Coffee nirvana, I suppose, is a matter of opinion.
ever forward
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:44 pm I just seen my other neighbor as I pulled into my driveway, she added footings beside her house, she's getting chickens! Lol... so now I'm bookend with coops. I might buy a rooster just to piss them off. Lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:56 pm
Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:44 pm I just seen my other neighbor as I pulled into my driveway, she added footings beside her house, she's getting chickens! Lol... so now I'm bookend with coops. I might buy a rooster just to piss them off. Lol
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

arturo7 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:46 pm
Tsal wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:40 pm

Who is your source for this false information? Or is this your opinion?
Losing flavor and aroma is basic chemistry.

Coffee nirvana, I suppose, is a matter of opinion.
Not minutes after you grind a bean. I've had ground coffee for weeks that produced more crema then fresh ground. I blame it all on the internet and the age of information... Ground coffee has been a staple for centuries. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@Citizen B knows something about chickens
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:37 pm
Not minutes after you grind a bean. I've had ground coffee for weeks that produced more crema then fresh ground. I blame it all on the internet and the age of information... Ground coffee has been a staple for centuries. Lol
What I know for sure is that if you wait more than a minute or two after grinding, you start to lose the crema on when pulling an espresso. This is experience, not internet. YMMV
ever forward
Tsal
Forum Decorum

arturo7 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:08 pm
Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:37 pm
What I know for sure is that if you wait more than a minute or two after grinding, you start to lose the crema on when pulling an espresso. This is experience, not internet. YMMV
Okay. I've seen what I needed to see.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:00 pm
arturo7 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:49 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:26 pm The wife went nuts and purchased those pod things for the Keurig from Coffeeam ,com ....

Tanzania Peaberry
Sumatran
Kona Blend
and a decafe

Its weird . When I order there , I get beans that I grind and its by far the best coffee Ive ever had , whichever variety I get . The Pod versions are good but , I guess its the amounts in them , they seem weaker
Coffee beans start losing their flavor and aroma as soon as they are ground. Brewing should start no more than minute or so after grinding. The stuff that is pre-ground and put into a can or pod has no chance to attain coffee nirvana.
Maybe I'm in the minority but not every cup of coffee has to be a miracle just like every smoke doesn't need to be. Most of the time I just want a solid cup and a solid smoke
I'm with you. Sometimes even a so so cup is better than no coffee at all. Same with a smoke.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
PoolShooter

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:42 am One heaping scoop of each in a Mr. Coffee

ImageImage
Cheap coffee is where it’s at. highly underrated.
“My beard is getting veddey long. I muss tell Vladimir.”