Coffee

JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:44 pm I've switched to using the aeropress for all of my coffee needs. It's just the easiest way for me to get a consistently great cup in the morning
How are they to clean? I love my French press, but I hate cleaning it.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

JTWilliams wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:23 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:44 pm I've switched to using the aeropress for all of my coffee needs. It's just the easiest way for me to get a consistently great cup in the morning
Crazy easy to clean. Press the coffee into the cup, remove the filter cap jobber, press the grounds and filter out into the trash. Rinse it off & you're good to go for round 2
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:17 pm
We have used an aeropress for a few years and they are pretty great. My only gripe is that to get a decent cup of coffee you have to make a small amount of strong coffee and then do a dilution. The coffee always ends up tasting decent, but it always feels a bit thinner than perked or even pour over. For the speed to cup though, I don't think it can be beat.
My current recipe for success is 1 scoop of peerless espresso roast + one scoop of Community pecan praline, inverted aeropress, 4:30 soak, press through and a light step on with more hot water
JTWilliams

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Crazy easy to clean. Press the coffee into the cup, remove the filter cap jobber, press the grounds and filter out into the trash. Rinse it off & you're good to go for round 2
Off to Amazon I go...
-The Big Lebowski
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

JTWilliams wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Off to Amazon I go...
I read through some of these just to get a starting point on coffee amounts and soak times
https://handground.com/grind/66-recipes ... ess-coffee
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just an FYI too.. if you don't want to hunt down filters for the aeropress, you can just go to a craft store and buy a 2.5" circle punch meant for scrapbooking and use normal ultra cheap basket filters and just punch your own. I've noticed that the unbleached paper basket filters tend to flow a little better for finer grinds than the aeropress poly filters.

Like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Bira-Circle-Craf ... 221&sr=8-2
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

JTWilliams wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:23 pm How are they to clean? I love my French press, but I hate cleaning it.
What???

Dump out the grinds, unscrew the plunger bits, and rinse everything. Takes 30 secs.

Surely, you don't use dish soap on your coffee gear?
ever forward
JTWilliams

arturo7 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:45 pm
JTWilliams wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:23 pm How are they to clean? I love my French press, but I hate cleaning it.
What???

Dump out the grinds, unscrew the plunger bits, and rinse everything. Takes 30 secs.

I see you underestimate how far I will go to not do something, sir :lol:
-The Big Lebowski
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

JTWilliams wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:52 pm
arturo7 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:45 pm
What???

I see you underestimate how far I will go to not do something, sir :lol:
I hated my French press for the same reason :lol:
Dr Uhaha

If you need me, I'll be at the WH bar.