Coffee

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

fingall wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:55 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:05 pm
fingall wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:57 pm

Did she get out for you for the rise?
I exercised restraint because I did not want to become a Youtube celebrity.
Sorry, typo: did she get it for you for the purpose of getting a rise out of you?
She saw it and knew there was a moment to be had.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:52 pm My wife got me a cup of coffee, and it arrived in this cup. I do not want to drift into politics here, but I will say she wanted to get a reaction, and she was successful.

ImageImage
Your wife has a great sense of humor.. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

This goes out to all you Cafe Bustelo drinkers.

So, more than a few of you know that I've been an instant coffee drinker since as long as I can remember. I drink more than my fair share of brewed coffee too, but my dad drank instant Maxim when I was a kid and, like smoking, what dad does so do his boys.

Anyway, a bit ago I discovered Bustelo instant and gave it a try because of all the love Bustelo gets around here. It's the best I've ever had and I hope it's around as long as I am. Based on that, today I bought a brick of Bustelo ground coffee to try.

So I need brewing tips from you experts as there are no instructions on the brick and I'd rather get advise here than anywhere else.

By the way, I only have a drip coffee maker at this time.

:lurk:
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wildcat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 pm This goes out to all you Cafe Bustelo drinkers.

So, more than a few of you know that I've been an instant coffee drinker since as long as I can remember. I drink more than my fair share of brewed coffee too, but my dad drank instant Maxim when I was a kid and, like smoking, what dad does so do his boys.

Anyway, a bit ago I discovered Bustelo instant and gave it a try because of all the love Bustelo gets around here. It's the best I've ever had and I hope it's around as long as I am. Based on that, today I bought a brick of Bustelo ground coffee to try.

So I need brewing tips from you experts as there are no instructions on the brick and I'd rather get advise here than anywhere else.

I use a perk pot and mix the Bustelo 50/50 with a chicory coffee. I use a slightly heaping 2/3 cup of ground coffee for a 12 cup pot and just keep the plastic measuring cup in the canister.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:50 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:17 pm This goes out to all you Cafe Bustelo drinkers.

I use a perk pot and mix the Bustelo 50/50 with a chicory coffee. I use a slightly heaping 2/3 cup of ground coffee for a 12 cup pot and just keep the plastic measuring cup in the canister.
Me too! I'll get a pic of my pot. A pot pic, if you will.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:13 pm Image
Those pots are great, we get a bug and drag ours out of the camping gear once un a while. We used to use an electric perk for a long time. I miss it.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Why the chicory? Flavor or less caffeine?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I like the flavor. I started drinking the stuff when I was in Louisiana, and it took hold.

Old Ted Award - 2017
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Is Bustelo really strong? I'm used to Folgers.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche