My first pipe, a Milano????

Arceface1

Thanks for the add. New to pipe smoking but have been a cigar aficionado for quite some time. I enjoy the more palletable nuances of pipe tobacco over cigars. So far I've tried a few aromatics but am eager to get my hands on some Virgina or Latikia. Thinking of the Pirate Kake for my first go at something a little more involved.

Anywho, after my dog literally are my corn cob pipe (technically my first) I found a more dedicated local shop and shopped their line of beginner pipes. They had some beautiful higher end Savinellis, which I'll procure soon enough, but ended up with this Milano made in Albania for $30. I know it is not a higher end brand but can anyone tell me about this pipe maker? Haven't really been able to find information online. Thanks.

sisyphus
Person of Interest

that's what you call a basket pipe, and it's a fine place to start with briars. Welcome!
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Welcome! Pirate Kake is definitely a head first dive into the latakia realm. Not a bad choice
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Middle Earth

Greetings and Salutations from the Springfield Plateau
Most any pipe with decent drilling will work well
That pipe looks good to go
Got to start somewhere
I am not a cigar aficionado
But between the two, I prefer the pipe as a general matter
I have not noticed cigars as superior in taste production
Just different
Would recommed a replacement cob and a Kevlar chew-toy for the dog
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

It looks like a good choice to me. I am just going to throw out the warning that if the dog chewed up a cob, the Milano could be in danger too.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I don't know anything about the pipe, but Albania borders on the Adriatic. Welcome to PSF.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Ciao, bello! I'd buy that pipe for thirty bucks.
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 am I don't know anything about the pipe, but Albania borders on the Adriatic. Welcome to PSF.
They both start with 'A', too.

Based on the evidence so far, this new guy's got the steal of the century and it's his first briar! Some guys get all the luck. All I got was looks.

I still have my first pipe, which was also a basket pipe. I don't know how old it is now. It's still my favorite pipe. I don't smoke it much anymore. It's on my desk and I pick it up every once in a while to feel it again, inspect it that it's still okay, and think that I should smoke it again. It's a good pipe, a grand pipe, an old friend. I think a lot of people never forget their first briar.
Try Cob

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 am I don't know anything about the pipe, but Albania borders on the Adriatic. Welcome to PSF.
I can hear Coach singing now, "Albania, Albania, you border on the Adriatic. Your land is mostly mountainous and your chief export is chrome." After Sam had asked if anyone knew anything about geography, and Carla quipped, "I know what creek you're up."
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright