Latest Pipe Purchase 2020

Jlando19

ImageImageImageImageImage

So I picked this up just because it appealed to me. An unsmoked "Imported Briar" Meerschaum lined Medico Whitewall. I don't know anything about this pipe other than the fact that I liked the way it looked.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:55 pm ImageImageImageImageImage

So I picked this up just because it appealed to me. An unsmoked "Imported Briar" Meerschaum lined Medico Whitewall. I don't know anything about this pipe other than the fact that I liked the way it looked.
Nifty!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

People pick pipes for other reasons besides aesthetics? Huh... :D

I am sure it will probably be a good smoker. Most Medicos, especially older ones, are. You got crime scene photos of it, but we never got to see a pic of it in entirety!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Jlando19

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:58 am

People pick pipes for other reasons besides aesthetics? Huh... :D

I am sure it will probably be a good smoker. Most Medicos, especially older ones, are. You got crime scene photos of it, but we never got to see a pic of it in entirety!
Haha. Crime scene photos! I love it. I'll snap a few photos of it in its entirety here in a bit and post them. I bought another pipe last night, that I'm really excited about!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Nice pipe! You definitely should smoke M79 in that one considering it's an M79.🙂
The Troll Whisperer
Jlando19

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:12 am

Nice pipe! You definitely should smoke M79 in that one considering it's an M79.🙂
You know that is a marvelous idea! I have an ever growing list of tobacco that I plan to try some day and that one has been added to the list since being a member here.
Jlando19

So here is a picture of the Medico in its entirety.

Here is a picture of another pipe that I purchased last night while talking to the maker about a separate commission. Can't wait to get this one in my hands!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Dang eBay
Just got lucky with a few pipes
An old mastercraft bulldog, a worobiec rusticated freehsnd, a Peterson Dracula and a display card with 10 old new buescher’s cobs

😇
Jlando19

rekamepip wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:52 pm Dang eBay
An old mastercraft bulldog, a worobiec rusticated freehsnd, a Peterson Dracula and a display card with 10 old new buescher’s cobs

😇
I found one ebay page where I've seen some pipes that catch my eye. Wish I knew of others. Hint hint.... haha.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:12 pm
rekamepip wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:52 pm Dang eBay

😇
I found one ebay page where I've seen some pipes that catch my eye. Wish I knew of others. Hint hint.... haha.
I have the best luck with newly listed items with buy it now prices rather that auction style listings and having to hope my bids hold out till the end
Be patient and persistent and lucky enough to snag up the good deals before someone else does

Just missed out on a GDB super q because I thought about it too long and someone else got the prize