sisyphus
Person of Interest

big Kaywoodie apple for Burley
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
avid

i do not need any more pipes until further notice
insufferable filter guy
avid

happened to be browsing the FB marketplace, has turned into quite a resource. Didn't see much in the way of pipes for sale, but have seen a few great old pipe racks and cabinets...one rack in particular caught my eye, unusual...of course if i got another rack, you know what i'd have to do next... :uh:

seriously, for the collectors and such who happen to need something...the FB marketplace is somethng else.
insufferable filter guy
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

I just got these a few days ago from the bay. They're nearly identical except one has a metal tenon for a 6 mm filter and the other has a small stinger. To my eyes, the one with the stinger appears to have been smoked 1 or 2 times at most and the filter pipe seems un-smoked. Both are stamped "Dr Grabow" over "Half and Half". I'm guessing that they were coupon pipes that cost a couple of dollars and a few Half & Half coupons.

avid

Ellis You wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:33 am I just got these a few days ago from the bay. They're nearly identical except one has a metal tenon for a 6 mm filter and the other has a small stinger. To my eyes, the one with the stinger appears to have been smoked 1 or 2 times at most and the filter pipe seems un-smoked. Both are stamped "Dr Grabow" over "Half and Half". I'm guessing that they were coupon pipes that cost a couple of dollars and a few Half & Half coupons.

dang
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ellis You wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:33 am I just got these a few days ago from the bay. They're nearly identical except one has a metal tenon for a 6 mm filter and the other has a small stinger. To my eyes, the one with the stinger appears to have been smoked 1 or 2 times at most and the filter pipe seems un-smoked. Both are stamped "Dr Grabow" over "Half and Half". I'm guessing that they were coupon pipes that cost a couple of dollars and a few Half & Half coupons.

I think one Half & Half Grabow came packaged with a two-pack of Half&Half at some point. My father had a couple of these in the 60's.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 pm
I think one Half & Half Grabow came packaged with a two-pack of Half&Half at some point. My father had a couple of these in the 60's.
That would have been a great deal, Half & Half was even better back in the 60's, and to add a vulcanite stemmed Grabow to the package? Winner, Winner!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ellis You wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:49 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 pm
That would have been a great deal, Half & Half was even better back in the 60's, and to add a vulcanite stemmed Grabow to the package? Winner, Winner!
My father was a Half & Half man, so this was a win-win for him. I know they were using the pipe giveaway to get people to try Half & Half.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Middle Earth

Only looking for two things these days
GBD pre-1980
Sanwell 1948 to 1960
Here is the latest Stanwell
A No. 70 Volcano

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Beautiful pipes . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .