Latest Pipe Purchase 2022

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Silver wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:35 pm Not really a purchase (although I bought the briar and stems). The latest outta the workshop. Christmas gifts for the guys in the "family pipe club".

Hey Cousin
Those turned out great !
rekamepip
Codger in Training

@Silver
Just thought I’d mention that JRCigars has MacArthur corn cob pipes on sale for 4.95 again
The pipes that I’ve purchased were the smooth filled ones not the natural as pictured and worked out good for modifying
Silver
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:50 am
Silver wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:35 pm Not really a purchase (although I bought the briar and stems). The latest outta the workshop. Christmas gifts for the guys in the "family pipe club".

Hey Cousin
Those turned out great !
Thanks!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Id name that one the bordello pipe .... sexy !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Silver
Certified Codger

Thanks, John!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Very 😎!!! They'll be well received I'm sure!!! Very nice work my friend 🐱
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Silver
Certified Codger

Thanks!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I placed a bid on this pipe on eBay, not wanting to win. But I won. It is a Paul Fischer 2nd stummel with the stain/stem made and permanetly glued in by Brian Doran (Beans316 on Youtube). I bid on it cause I always wanted a white/cream stem. Smoking it now with Riverboat Gambler

ImageImage
PiperT

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:52 am I placed a bid on this pipe on eBay, not wanting to win. But I won. It is a Paul Fischer 2nd stummel with the stain/stem made and permanetly glued in by Brian Doran (Beans316 on Youtube). I bid on it cause I always wanted a white/cream stem. Smoking it now with Riverboat Gambler

ImageImage
It is a nice stem! But glued in? Still a good looking pipe!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

PiperT wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:54 am
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:52 am I placed a bid on this pipe on eBay, not wanting to win. But I won. It is a Paul Fischer 2nd stummel with the stain/stem made and permanetly glued in by Brian Doran (Beans316 on Youtube). I bid on it cause I always wanted a white/cream stem. Smoking it now with Riverboat Gambler

ImageImage
It is a nice stem! But glued in? Still a good looking pipe!
Yes, he chose to glue it on due to the shank being so thin. Constant adjustment could cause it to crack. It also passes a cleaner no issues. If a pipe has little to no gaps in tolerance; in theory the stem should never have to be removed anyway