Latest Pipe Purchase 2023

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:04 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:52 am
Ronv69 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:25 am Broke down and bought another pipe. Norup apple.
That's a fine looking pipe!
Thanks. Just look who made it.
I actually had to look it up when I saw the first picture and brand. Very little info out there but it's definitely a trifecta of Danish greats involved in the company.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@Sheridan that is a fine Bulldog!

@Ronv69 awesome pipe and great history there! I call dibs when you start sellin! :D
Sheridan

An old Dunhill Zulu from 75.
Gave it a quick clean up over the weekend. Rim’s been charred & knifed but the chamber & stem are sound. Could send it off to be ‘topped’ & professionally restored but leaving as it is. Smokes & tastes great so that’ll do me. A knockabout Zulu.
ImageImageImageImage
Ronv69
Founding Member

This is my 3rd Norup. The first 2 are great pipes, and I expect no less from this one.
God and Texas!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:25 am Broke down and bought another pipe. Norup apple.
Good looking pipe!

:awesome:
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:04 pm
@Ronv69 awesome pipe and great history there! I call dibs when you start sellin! :D
Pfft... I will have stolen it from his possession first! ;)
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I was missing a shape in my collection of Bulldogs. The squat bulldog. Why the hell does it matter? I have enough. Anyway, I also been meaning to grab a Classic Ropp since I let the ones go I had and they were great smokers. Then I saw this beauty. Barely smoked, I made and offer for 33% off the listed price and it showed up 2 days later. Gonna have to do some research into the age but it has a Signature on it and a shape Number. So if anyone cares to help, i’d appreciate it.

It has a metal insert, but i’m smoking it now with no issues. Draw is pretty good. The pipe was virtually unsmoked but the stinger needed a rub down.

Ropp Signature R29

ImageImageImageImageImage
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:44 pm I was missing a shape in my collection of Bulldogs. The squat bulldog. Why the hell does it matter? I have enough. Anyway, I also been meaning to grab a Classic Ropp since I let the ones go I had and they were great smokers. Then I saw this beauty. Barely smoked, I made and offer for 33% off the listed price and it showed up 2 days later. Gonna have to do some research into the age but it has a Signature on it and a shape Number. So if anyone cares to help, i’d appreciate it.

It has a metal insert, but i’m smoking it now with no issues. Draw is pretty good. The pipe was virtually unsmoked but the stinger needed a rub down.

Ropp Signature R29

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

My Norup came in today. Very pleased. It's a Royal Flame 05 prince.
God and Texas!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:44 pm I was missing a shape in my collection of Bulldogs. The squat bulldog. Why the hell does it matter? I have enough. Anyway, I also been meaning to grab a Classic Ropp since I let the ones go I had and they were great smokers. Then I saw this beauty. Barely smoked, I made and offer for 33% off the listed price and it showed up 2 days later. Gonna have to do some research into the age but it has a Signature on it and a shape Number. So if anyone cares to help, i’d appreciate it.

Ropp Signature R29

Cool pipe!
Gotalove a bulldog 👍