Recommendations needed for a new pipe that smokes cool, that either comes with filters or with room to fashion a filter.

Legion

arturo7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:57 pm
Legion wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 pm
It's the blast of nicotine that I need. When I ditched the cigs for a pipe I got in the habit of just getting my hit of nicotine & the bowl is extinguished before I reach for another hit.
Just a not one filters: they will reduce the tar, but they will also reduce the nicotine.
My brain loves nicotine but my body doesn't.
Over 19 years ago I was diagnosed with a rare vascular disease that my Drs said 'Kills 100% of patients within 2-3 years". They reckon that my arteries are allergic to nicotine. Pfft, what do they know? Lol.

Seriously though, I shouldn't be smoking. For over a decade I went through the torture of giving up at least a few times a year. Sometimes I lasted a few days & other attempts I'd be nicotine free for several months.

Whenever I'm stressed I reach for a smoke. That's how I've always coped.
Around 7 years ago I dug my hardly used Peterson out of the cupboard & haven't had a ciggie since.

I've smoked daily since 12yo & figured I'd rather die with a pipe in my hand than to eek out a few extra years without (Sh!t, even God smokes a pipe)

But, I'm very cognisant of my nicotine intake none-the-less & while I get away with ordering tobacco from the U.S. (touch wood) I'll try to stick to blends low in nicotine & use filters. At those prices I can afford to puff all day.
Legion

Still waiting for my pipes to arrive. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Having checked my parcel status Fri. morning; "Departed Sydney Australia on Aug 22 at 11am .....The item is currently in transit to the destination ...... Your item was processed through a facility on Aug 24th at 5.30am ..."

Tomorrow hopefully.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Waiting is a trip ! Post pics when ya get it :awesome:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Legion

Legion wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:57 am Still waiting for my pipes to arrive. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Having checked my parcel status Fri. morning; "Departed Sydney Australia on Aug 22 at 11am .....The item is currently in transit to the destination ...... Your item was processed through a facility on Aug 24th at 5.30am ..."

Tomorrow hopefully.
Must've been half asleep when I wrote this ^^^^ doh!

I'm trying to figure out on the USPS tracking, which event means that it's cleared customs.

Coming from the U.S. it will first say 'Departed Sydney' ... the next event will say 'Processed through a facility in Australia'.

Does anyone know if 'Departed Sydney' means that it's passed through customs? Or does one have to wait for 'Processed through a facility' (meaning a postal service) before one can breath a sigh of relief?
Legion

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:03 pm Waiting is a trip ! Post pics when ya get it :awesome:
Although I'm keen to be holding my new pipes in my hot not so little hands, it's the tobacco that I'm really sweating on.

If my packages are inspected, I'm up for big dollars on duty. Pipe tobacco range here since the ridiculous 'plain packaging' was introduced is woeful so I'd be tempted to pay the duty (but imagine if you paid over $500 for 16oz of tobacco not to your liking? That's the conundrum)

I'm waiting on 3 packages. 1 with the pipes & 2 x 100g tins of 7 Seas (1 Red & 1 Royal) the other is 16oz of Buttered Rum. (the BR has been 'processed by a facility' so fingers crossed)

There's 16oz of Mark Twain that left NY on Fri, also on the way.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I think the folks you ordered from might make a difference. "Pipes and Cigars" might make an inspector likely to check. 4Noggins might not. Dunno...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Legion

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:32 pm I think the folks you ordered from might make a difference. "Pipes and Cigars" might make an inspector likely to check. 4Noggins might not. Dunno...
You're spot on Rev. Tom.

I think it was Pipes & Cigars who I tried to make an order with but they don't ship outside of the U.S. An email reply said postage & handling was cost prohibitive. Cost prohibitive ?!#%*?!?????? When one has to pay $75 for 50g of tobacco I not sure that many would complain about P&H costs.
4noggins charges $25USD for P&H 16oz of baccy ($5 more than the Windsail itself, lol) & my order of pipes & tobacco was $35.50USD ($47.67AUD) but considering the enormous savings (16oz of tobacco would work out to be $680.40AUD here) I'm not too fussed.

My first order was for 16oz of Windsail from 4noggins as a trial run. I've since made another 3 separate orders with him since.

4noggins has been shipping to customers for quite a while & knows how to 'play the game'. The owner says that over 90% of his customers are from O/S.
Legion

Well, well, well, ....... while I've been sitting here worrying if & when my parcels will arrive unmolested by 'the man', I had the sudden urge to go outside (I'm a clearer of negative entities, what Christians would call an 'exorcist', & have learnt to heed these inexplicable feelings & urges) & what did I find?
Yep, TWO parcels were near my front door hidden behind a large bushy Jade plant (Crassula ovata for the green thumbs)

The new parcel contractor doesn't even 'knock & run' like the last guy, lol. (Requiring a signature increases cost markedly & for some reason I've been told that priority mail earns closer scrutiny) This guys modus operandi seems to be to 'drop & run'. Not-to-worry though, they're here safe & sound. Yay!!!

I'm a real computer dumb-dumb & need a mates help to transfer phone pics to laptop (tutorials make no sense to me) Give me time & I will post pics : )
oubobcat

Just attach the pics to a text msg to your email address
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey
oubobcat

Here's a Savinelli Bing's Favorite I bought recently. It comes with their balsa wood filters as others have said. However, I don't use them and it still seems to smoke cool and dry.
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey