NOS CDL FYI, ETC

Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:08 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:39 pm I'm going to the bay now.
bull-oney...you swore ebay up-n-down and you know it
Well where else do you go when you need sumthin'?
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:11 pm
avid wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:08 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:39 pm I'm going to the bay now.
bull-oney...you swore ebay up-n-down and you know it
Well where else do you go when you need sumthin'?
insufferable filter guy
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 amTANSTAAFPW
search on this didn't turn up anything...penny for your thoughts
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

avid wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:20 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 amTANSTAAFPW
search on this didn't turn up anything...penny for your thoughts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_ain ... free_lunch
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
ted
Broken Pipe

CDL has become much more popular today than when we made them new.
Either love them or hate them.

When we made a few CDL's we were selling hundreds of Westbrook, Sculptura, and Berwyck to redemption customers of Carter Hall, PA, George Washington, and Madera (anyone but me remember Madera.. in the gold pouch). We knew that these folks were hardcore pipe smokers, so..
We would include a free CDL and a questionnaire in with several hundred redemptions and asked for a response. The customers loved them and actually named it. "cooler". "dryer", "lighter".

Favorable responses outweighed the negative and so we made them, but we had no real way to sell them at retail, catalogues didn't work, coupons didn't work. We canned the idea.

For friends on another Forum I bought 100+ at the factory for $5.00 each. Someone in Hillsville, VA bought most all that were left and sells them on the 'bag'
There is still a big box of CDL pipes and parts at the factory, but no-one is supposedly allowed inside. ted
avid

ted wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:11 pm CDL has become much more popular today than when we made them new.
Either love them or hate them.

When we made a few CDL's we were selling hundreds of Westbrook, Sculptura, and Berwyck to redemption customers of Carter Hall, PA, George Washington, and Madera (anyone but me remember Madera.. in the gold pouch). We knew that these folks were hardcore pipe smokers, so..
We would include a free CDL and a questionnaire in with several hundred redemptions and asked for a response. The customers loved them and actually named it. "cooler". "dryer", "lighter".

Favorable responses outweighed the negative and so we made them, but we had no real way to sell them at retail, catalogues didn't work, coupons didn't work. We canned the idea.

For friends on another Forum I bought 100+ at the factory for $5.00 each. Someone in Hillsville, VA bought most all that were left and sells them on the 'bag'
There is still a big box of CDL pipes and parts at the factory, but no-one is supposedly allowed inside. ted
i'll take a dozen
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

A couple things . First off , I really dig those pipes ! The French make one similar , Chacom msybe ( I forget) . 2ndly.... I think 1979 was a mojo pipe year . You , myself and I believe dmkerr from the old dead site ... we each started in 79 . In Jersey , I don't member seeing Dr Grabow pipes but that doesn't mean they weren't. I do remember Kaywoodie and I eventually bout one . I think it was my second pipe ... a lovat saddle with stem

Anyway , 79 was an awesome year . Pink Floyd came out with the wall album and I smoked my Tugboat Italy pipe listening to it thinking .... this is different ( the wall ) . I met a girl named Alexandria and she was a mind blower ... she loved rock snd roll and we were real tight together . We rode horses and drank applejack and Canadian Mist , a few times at the same time ... lol . We had do much fun . 79 , man ... damn
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Btw , I'm on my tablet and it's impossible to type on tyhis thing so forgive my spelling etc ..,
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:30 pm Btw , I'm on my tablet and it's impossible to type on tyhis thing so forgive my spelling etc ..,
If I try to type with my iPad power cord plugged in the keyboard screws up every time. Yup, 1979 was a good year.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:32 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:30 pm Btw , I'm on my tablet and it's impossible to type on tyhis thing so forgive my spelling etc ..,
If I try to type with my iPad power cord plugged in the keyboard screws up every time. Yup, 1979 was a good year.
In '79 I was 5 and didn't pick up smoking for a few more years
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin