Small bent AppleThoughts

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Savinelli are the best factory pipe on the market , imho . Dr. Grabow , Kaywoodie and the briar Mediocs and Yello Boles are usually really good inexpensive pipes
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Eric1668

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 am Savinelli are the best factory pipe on the market , imho . Dr. Grabow , Kaywoodie and the briar Mediocs and Yello Boles are usually really good inexpensive pipes
I agree. Of the limited number of pipes that I’ve smoked, Savinelli is hard to beat!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Rusticated wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:40 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:13 am
Rusticated wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Nice Larsen! That's another shape I love...next on my must haves!
Thanks, I dig it. Kind of apple-y without too much of a bend and a pretty generous chamber for the size. The Larsen handmades can still be obtained pretty cheap with a little persistence on the bay. One of the best bargains out there in my humble opinion.
Here's a pic of my pretty plateau Larsen #224 I picked up about 8 years ago on the bay.

WOW! Nice pipe!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I've had a couple Vauens. One smoked amazingly well(Vauen Intro), the other which I can't remember.. not so much. I was just considering a Jobey as well, and did some research on the "Jobey Link" - I guess the link is just a little insert, and it's stout enough that you can widen them out if the draw is too tight.
If you want a reallllly compact bent apple, the Rattray's Goblin 99 is a great little pipe. Otherwise, I think I would lean towards the Sav as well.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt