Jack's Special?

Rusticated

Got this great little prince for $15 on eBay. The grain is beautiful. It says it was an estate pipe; maybe so but it doesn't look or smell smoked...at all. It says Jack's Special on one side with circled J next to it, and on the other side it says Made in France...under that, Handmade...and under that the number 357 (one of my favorite numbers for other reasons :D ) I haven't researched it yet...just got it today, but I'm a happy camper!

Rusticated

So this is as close as I can come with a big fat "maybe".

Legion

Very nice & for $15?!? Score. It looks like it has a decent sized bowl & chamber for a "little" pipe.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Conspiracy theory for you here... 8-)

Theory: There is more than one eBay.
Evidence: I'll search eBay for nice pipes at reasonable prices. That same day some of you post pics of your eBay pipes snagged at a killer prices... pipes I hadn't seen during my searches.
Conclusion: We aren't on the same eBay.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

That's a real beauty! Congrats on the score!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
kxg

Nice pipe, great price. Enjoy!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Nice score.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

It's a pretty little pipe, great score!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Rusticated wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:53 pm Got this great little prince for $15 on eBay. The grain is beautiful. It says it was an estate pipe; maybe so but it doesn't look or smell smoked...at all. It says Jack's Special on one side with circled J next to it, and on the other side it says Made in France...under that, Handmade...and under that the number 357 (one of my favorite numbers for other reasons :D ) I haven't researched it yet...just got it today, but I'm a happy camper!

The shape number for a GBD prince is 357. I am guessing there is a connection between the GBD folks and this "house brand" pipe.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Rusticated

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am
Rusticated wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:53 pm Got this great little prince for $15 on eBay. The grain is beautiful. It says it was an estate pipe; maybe so but it doesn't look or smell smoked...at all. It says Jack's Special on one side with circled J next to it, and on the other side it says Made in France...under that, Handmade...and under that the number 357 (one of my favorite numbers for other reasons :D ) I haven't researched it yet...just got it today, but I'm a happy camper!

The shape number for a GBD prince is 357. I am guessing there is a connection between the GBD folks and this "house brand" pipe.
I don't yet have a GBD in my collection so I can't compare...but it smokes great! Thanks for the clue Padre!