Old Dominion Shanendoah Cobs

Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Just received 2 Old Dominion Shenandoah Cobs from Mars Cigars. I hope they last longer then the natural bowl Old Dominion I bought 2 yrs ago. That pipe burned thru after 5 smokes. The Shenandoah cobs have a lacquer bowl so I'm hoping they'll last longer.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I really like the feel of the Old Dominion cobs, and the reed stem is surprisingly comfy. I too had issues with burnout, particularly around where the hole for the stem is drilled through the cob. I will be curious to see if they hold up better for you, as I've only had the naturals too.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ray Mackessy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm Just received 2 Old Dominion Shenandoah Cobs from Mars Cigars. I hope they last longer then the natural bowl Old Dominion I bought 2 yrs ago. That pipe burned thru after 5 smokes. The Shenandoah cobs have a lacquer bowl so I'm hoping they'll last longer.

Those are sharp! Now I want some...Get thee behind me Satan!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wooda
Founding Member

Soo?

How do they smoke?
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Wooda wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:29 am Soo?

How do they smoke?
So far they've smoked great. I'm happy with my purchase. I wish the reed stems would be a tad longer.