Latest Pipe Purchase 2018

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:53 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:20 pm I just bought myself a present for next to nothing. A Kaywoodie 99b with some pretty impressive grain all around., sellers pic.
Oh man, I am jealous. That is a really nice Bulldog. You can always tell by the "happy to see you" stem, that the seller is generally not a pipe person. Those folks are the ones I generally have gotten the nicest stuff from, strangely enough.
That's funny right there and I don't care who you are! :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:53 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:20 pm I just bought myself a present for next to nothing. A Kaywoodie 99b with some pretty impressive grain all around., sellers pic.
Oh man, I am jealous. That is a really nice Bulldog. You can always tell by the "happy to see you" stem, that the seller is generally not a pipe person. Those folks are the ones I generally have gotten the nicest stuff from, strangely enough.
Thank you! The pipe has really nice straight grain with a nice birds eyed rim! Should be really nice after I clean it up a bit.
That's because some sellers do not know what they have. The same seller sold a really nice meer lined all briar Kaywoodie for cheap too.
The Troll Whisperer
unregistered1

Just got, a few days back, this Savinelli Alligator 320. It's a rather striking pipe, both in size and finishing.

'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Middle Earth

Did not realize these are made in the Ser Jacopo factory.
Mastro de Paja "Geppetto" Silver Band
9 Iron
Founding Member

Middle Earth wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:16 pm Did not realize these are made in the Ser Jacopo factory.
Mastro de Paja "Geppetto" Silver Band

I was watching that one closely, was tempted to go after it. These are great pipes. Rob Cooper was mistaken about the Mastro de Paja part though, it is a Mastro Geppetto made by Ser Jacopo. MDP has zero connection with these and the stamping doesn’t say MDP anywhere on the pipe. Hope it serves you well, enjoy!
Middle Earth

Makes sense
Wanted to go after the G (iant) Sea Rock
I am sure you saw that as well
9 Iron
Founding Member

Middle Earth wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:17 pm Makes sense
Wanted to go after the G (iant) Sea Rock
I am sure you saw that as well
Somewhat more expensive ;)
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I wasn't planning on picking anything else up at the moment but this Briarcraft Airo caught my eye and haunted me for a few days before I finally caved. I'm a sucker for a panel and occasionally some fun metal work on a stem. This one has both (sellers picture)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
unregistered1

My Castello arrived this morning.
Merry Christmas to me (belated).

'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Maynard

A Birthday gift from my wife.