Latest Pipe Purchase 2018

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Haven't had a chance to clean it yet, but this Westbrook is in great shape.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:57 pm Haven't had a chance to clean it yet, but this Westbrook is in great shape.

Nice looking pipe!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
simplepipes
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:57 pm Haven't had a chance to clean it yet, but this Westbrook is in great shape.

Beautiful Vintage Grabow!

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Somehow browsed the auctions and found a rare bird, couldn't pass it up. A Wally Frank with Briar extension clearly made by Butz Choquin and in one of their oldest shapes, which I like. Looking forward to this one.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I ended up winning the auction for a Comoy's everyman 534 this morning. I've been wanting a smooth companion to the blasted one I have and I've also wanted an everyman (I like the 3 bar logo on the stem)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Probably had my best score ever today.. I just found this unsmoked Orlik De Luxe at the local flea market for $5.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:05 pm Probably had my best score ever today.. I just found this unsmoked Orlik De Luxe at the local flea market for $5.

Nice score, congrats. I haven't made a purchase but did swing a trade, package should be here tomorrow, pictures to follow.
Billy Joe

houtenziel wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:05 pm Probably had my best score ever today.. I just found this unsmoked Orlik De Luxe at the local flea market for $5.

A flea market is always worth a stop..you proved it.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Okay, this was a trade, I would not/could not spend this kind of money but was somehow able to barter a deal and couldn't pass it up, here's the result. One brand new Radice Rind with faux bamboo and one tub of SWRA, thinking these two will get along nicely.

vwdeano

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:53 pm Okay, this was a trade, I would not/could not spend this kind of money but was somehow able to barter a deal and couldn't pass it up, here's the result. One brand new Radice Rind with faux bamboo and one tub of SWRA, thinking these two will get along nicely.

Yow! that is a DANDY!
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.