Latest Pipe Purchase 2018

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Happened again. Opened ebay just to take a look and didn't get more than a few listings down before finding, and bidding, on a Charatan. Bet it smokes nice and since I won it the price was definitely right but damn if I'm not doing a bad job at paring down. Maybe I'll list some things here.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Just scored an old Briarcraft Smokemaster
on ebay
can't expect too much for 8 bucks but looks like a good one to fix up
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Not a purchase, but obtained this immaculate Grabow Viscount in trade from @Kevin Keith. In incredible shape, with a generous bowl. Looking forward to giving it a try!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:41 pm Not a purchase, but obtained this immaculate Grabow Viscount in trade from @Kevin Keith. In incredible shape, with a generous bowl. Looking forward to giving it a try!
And it only took it a week and a day to get there! lol. I think those double carved pipes are my favorites as far as looks go.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:41 pm Not a purchase, but obtained this immaculate Grabow Viscount in trade from @Kevin Keith. In incredible shape, with a generous bowl. Looking forward to giving it a try!
And it only took it a week and a day to get there! lol. I think those double carved pipes are my favorites as far as looks go.
I love the way it feels in my hand.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I love them too. I don't think I've ever seen one like that, with the lighter finish. All the ones I see around (and have) are always dark.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm
I love them too. I don't think I've ever seen one like that, with the lighter finish. All the ones I see around (and have) are always dark.
Yep, that one is a blondie.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

The double carved is a rockin' finish.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Very nice . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Well, Mike, I liked looking at yours so much I picked up a similar style on the 'bay for myself. This is the darker stained Dr. Grabow 'Starfire' version, but I like it the same. Probably needs a good buffing, but I'm looking forward to putting some smoke through it.

Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?