Quality Control Going Totally Down the Drain!

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:33 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:26 pm
Lord Guyrox wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:16 am

He bragged about how thorough they are with their pipes. According to him, they conduct multiple checks on the pipes.
He also said I am free to return the pipe to them at my own cost for a refund excluding their shipping cost.
It's funny how people can't tell the difference between a good pipe or a dud, shows you where their heads at... I'm sure they lost a valuable customer based in that response.
Retail is all about turn and burn. Get the product in and get it sold, get your investment back asap. The customer does the quality control check and in some cases the research and development for the product lol.
In such a small market as high end pipes, that's a negative Iceman! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Bullwinkle

Sounds like none of the usual online retailers I've done business with.

Best to get your CC company of PayPay after them.
unregistered1

Bullwinkle wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:01 am Sounds like none of the usual online retailers I've done business with.

You know what? Under other circumstances, I would do just that and with great pleasure.
But this is the 4th or 5th problem I run into with an 'established' online business over the last 2 years; meaning, ending up with a pipe that should have never left the pipe manufacture and was amazingly never picked up by staff at the tobacco shop. I have also purchased a Morta pipe from an 'artisan' that had a massive crevice in the tobacco chamber (which I was never told about by him, of course) and, wanting to return it for a refund, he argued this was normal with Mortas (?!) and became pissy with me when he realized I would not yield.
Of course, all this has always happened when I decided to pay good money for a pipe.
So, considering all the time, energy and efforts wasted into frustrating email correspondance, joining pics, etc (you wouldn't believe the time I have wasted into all this!), dealing with idiots, I am going to rest my case.
I will keep the pipe.
As a strong reminder.
Like this, every time I will consider again buying an expensive pipe, that now infamous to me Castello, having been granted a privileged and highly visible spot in my curio cabinet, will be the glorious beam of light that will lift the fog that will have invaded the memory section of my brain.
This Castello will ensure that I have learned my lesson once and for all about the idea of wanting to pay more than I should for no reason, as my experience of the last few years has demonstrated.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Lord Guyrox wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:01 pm
Bullwinkle wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:01 am Sounds like none of the usual online retailers I've done business with.

You know what? Under other circumstances, I would do just that and with great pleasure.
But this is the 4th or 5th problem I run into with an 'established' online business over the last 2 years; meaning, ending up with a pipe that should have never left the pipe manufacture and was amazingly never picked up by staff at the tobacco shop. I have also purchased a Morta pipe from an 'artisan' that had a massive crevice in the tobacco chamber (which I was never told about by him, of course) and, wanting to return it for a refund, he argued this was normal with Mortas (?!) and became pissy with me when he realized I would not yield.
Of course, all this has always happened when I decided to pay good money for a pipe.
So, considering all the time, energy and efforts wasted into frustrating email correspondance, joining pics, etc (you wouldn't believe the time I have wasted into all this!), dealing with idiots, I am going to rest my case.
I will keep the pipe.
As a strong reminder.
Like this, every time I will consider again buying an expensive pipe, that now infamous to me Castello, having been granted a privileged and highly visible spot in my curio cabinet, will be the glorious beam of light that will lift the fog that will have invaded the memory section of my brain.
This Castello will ensure that I have learned my lesson once and for all about the idea of wanting to pay more than I should for no reason, as my experience of the last few years has demonstrated.
There's no way I'd eat the cost of that pipe as a reminder. Return it, buy a Grabow that will be drilled proper, and then use the rest of the money for an expensive dinner. Keep the dinner receipt as the reminder :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
unregistered1

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:32 pm
Lord Guyrox wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:01 pm

I will keep the pipe.
As a strong reminder.
There's no way I'd eat the cost of that pipe as a reminder. Return it, buy a Grabow that will be drilled proper, and then use the rest of the money for an expensive dinner. Keep the dinner receipt as the reminder :lol:
Yea, I hear ya. However, I tend to suffer from very short term memory. This will fix it.
Frank Zappa
Bullwinkle

More amazed than amused..
unregistered1

I would like to share this link with all of you, so you see how things are becoming and that I am not an unique case at all. I really feel for the poor guy.

https://pipesmokersdens.com/threads/off ... help.3543/

In buddy's case, not only did the vendor let him down (and a major vendor at that, as it was for me as well) but so did the manufacturer after he contacted them directly.
There has been a shift happening with the online businesses practices over the last year and a half or so.
And, as you can see, it's absolutely not to the customer's advantage.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year for 2019 and hope you will be very prudent with your pipe acquisitions.
Frank Zappa
Bigflo

This may be a totally stupid question but what is wrong with the pipe it may just be my poor vision getting the best of me. I’m not being fececious I reall just need educated. Thanks
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bigflo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:59 pm This may be a totally stupid question but what is wrong with the pipe it may just be my poor vision getting the best of me. I’m not being fececious I reall just need educated. Thanks
The drilling is way off for a high dollar pipe. Too high and off center. It causes a bad smoke, leaqves tobacco unburned and the bottom of the chamber swampy. You don't expect that for $500!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Bigflo

Ok thanks for the info