Latest Pipe Purchase 2019

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Grimpeur wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:54 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:45 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:59 am
Some woodwind instrument mouthpiece sans reed. Saxophone say I.
Isn't a saxophone really just a fancy duck call?
It's early days, but I bet I won't read anything funnier than that this year!
I'd rather listen to a dozen banjos than one sax...and that's saying something.
"Smile when yuh say that, pardner." - Boots Randolph

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
unregistered1

Here's my Savinelli 320 number 5; a Punto Oro Gold Smooth.

I am working on a 7 Day Set of 320s. :thumbs:
So far, I also have a Punto Oro Sandblast, a Fantasia Rusticated, a Marte Rusticated, and an Alligator Brown.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:41 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:25 am

To what?
It looks like a fancy duck call to me.

In what seems to be an attempt to acquire a 365 day set of Starfire pots, I snagged another one for $11.27 delivered off the 'Bay.

Glad it was you that snagged that. I had the half hearted opening bid on it.
It told me I had the opening bid, but then later showed another user. I think it will be a good pipe. Want me to send it to you? I'll do it. I would not have wanted to bid against someone here at PSF.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:03 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 pm

In what seems to be an attempt to acquire a 365 day set of Starfire pots, I snagged another one for $11.27 delivered off the 'Bay.

Glad it was you that snagged that. I had the half hearted opening bid on it.
It told me I had the opening bid, but then later showed another user. I think it will be a good pipe. Want me to send it to you? I'll do it. I would not have wanted to bid against someone here at PSF.
Noooooooo absolutely not father. It will live a much more useful life in your herd than mine and I was happy that it's staying here in this group
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Grimpeur wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:54 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:45 am
Isn't a saxophone really just a fancy duck call?
It's early days, but I bet I won't reed anything funnier than that this year!
I'd rather listen to a dozen banjos than one sax...and that's saying something.
Fixed that for ya.
The Troll Whisperer
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:09 am This is an Ebonite mouthpiece.
To what?
Grats! I almost bid on that one, but pics showed what looked to be a hairline crack around the bottom of the bowl. It blended so well with the brush lines I couldn't tell if they were just "clean" lines or actual cracks within the line. Maybe it's a repair job? I don't know. I'd have asked the seller about it, but I figured I'd get some response like "I don't know anything about pipes."

Anyway, I hope this is not the case and you receive a solid chunk of briar. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Longshanks wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:37 pm
To what?
Grats! I almost bid on that one, but pics showed what looked to be a hairline crack around the bottom of the bowl. It blended so well with the brush lines I couldn't tell if they were just "clean" lines or actual cracks within the line. Maybe it's a repair job? I don't know. I'd have asked the seller about it, but I figured I'd get some response like "I don't know anything about pipes."

Anyway, I hope this is not the case and you receive a solid chunk of briar. :thumbs:
We will see. I am a man who has a tube of superglue and is not afraid to use it.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

To what?
Correct! Saxuhmophone! Look up Vulcanite mouthpiece and you get pipe stems, type in Ebonite and it's all music. Almost bought a bass with an Ebonite fingerboard but went with the real thing it was designed to mimic instead, Ebony.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 pm

We will see. I am a man who has a tube of superglue and is not afraid to use it.
I just went back and scanned the photos on full brightness and couldn't see anything that looks like a crack. :?:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:10 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 pm

I just went back and scanned the photos on full brightness and couldn't see anything that looks like a crack. :?:
Awesome, so you're telling me I missed out on a great deal. LOL Hey, at least Fr. Tom got it. I'm okay with that. ;)
Here's an illustration of what I thought I saw... arrow heads point to the bottom of what I thought was a hairline crack. I wear glasses for near-sightedness, so pardon the mistake. :bang:

Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?