1990s Kentucky Club

sisyphus
Person of Interest

so happy to get this. You pay a lot of money for old tobacco, so when you find something on the internet you really want you're equal parts happy to have snagged some and scared the seal won't be any good. This tin looks identical to my 1983 tin. The colors were much better on this tin, like it had been stored somewhere dark. I don't know who all owned the Kentucky Club name over the years and before Middleton. I am going to take an educated guess that this is a 1990s tin. The 1983 tin smelled like chocolate and is like smoking chocolate cake. This one has that, but the primary thing I get from this is some dark, sweet fruit. I'm looking forward to smoking a bowl of this tonight.

This will be a special occasion tobacco for me. Glad I have two 14oz tins jarred up. It's really special and there is no other tobacco I'd be this excited to get. If I never get any more of this it's nice to know that I actually have enough around now to smoke the occasional bowl and it should last me a long time at that rate.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

sisyphus wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

so happy to get this. You pay a lot of money for old tobacco, so when you find something on the internet you really want you're equal parts happy to have snagged some and scared the seal won't be any good. This tin looks identical to my 1983 tin. The colors were much better on this tin, like it had been stored somewhere dark. I don't know who all owned the Kentucky Club name over the years and before Middleton. I am going to take an educated guess that this is a 1990s tin. The 1983 tin smelled like chocolate and is like smoking chocolate cake. This one has that, but the primary thing I get from this is some dark, sweet fruit. I'm looking forward to smoking a bowl of this tonight.

This will be a special occasion tobacco for me. Glad I have two 14oz tins jarred up. It's really special and there is no other tobacco I'd be this excited to get. If I never get any more of this it's nice to know that I actually have enough around now to smoke the occasional bowl and it should last me a long time at that rate.
That was a hiss, man! No question.
JTWilliams

sisyphus wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

"Oh yeah!" Best part!
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Great blend. Too bad it's no longer in production. I mixed my Kentucky Club Mild with 5 Brothers and am down to my last 2 ounces. Enjoy your moment.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Cool !!! I saw where you were waiting on it in another thread and ... psych !!!

That was a hissing python , man ... Enjoy !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha

Whalehead King

That's beautiful tin art through the years. I'd put money on that horse!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Man , if I ever come across a Kentucky Club Continental tub ... I'd drop some coin on it , I would . The Kentucky Clubs were all good
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm Man , if I ever come across a Kentucky Club Continental tub ... I'd drop some coin on it , I would . The Kentucky Clubs were all good
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." Somebody said that about Kentucky Club, once. I don't remember who.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm Man , if I ever come across a Kentucky Club Continental tub ... I'd drop some coin on it , I would . The Kentucky Clubs were all good
Derby Club isn't too shabby IMO
I hope our names are touching on the watch list