Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Middle Earth

G. L. Pease: Spark Plug
Looks promising
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Middle Earth wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:58 am G. L. Pease: Spark Plug
Looks promising
I'm probably going to grab some tins of this soonish as well. Almost the time of year that I stop smoking heavy Latakia blends. Be switching to burleys soon but the Spark Plug will have a little age on them by fall to try them out.
Maynard

Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Ellis You wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:41 pm
Ray Mackessy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:57 am Just for giggles I purchased a pouch of Captain Black Copper and a 1oz sample of Field & Stream Match Blend. I read where F&S was one of President Ford's favorite blends, so naturally I'm curious.
CB Copper is the best of the CB series, in my opinion. Let us know how the F&S is. I've tried several of the Sutliff Match Blends and have liked them, Flying Dutchman Match is a favorite.
I just got the Match Field & Stream. This blend is very good. I only got 1 oz, but I may just order a pound of it in the future. I'll finish the 1 oz and then decide. Needs to be smoked slow because it will give a mouth tingle, but not really a tongue bite. Maybe that's one reason why President Ford smoked this in the oval office. I know this may sound weird, but I don't get a room note from this blend. That ought to please the wife. I can taste the licorice and there is a sweetness to this blend that I enjoy. I get no floral taste at all. Nicotine is on the mild side. It's definitely an all day smoke, just remember to smoke it slow and will not bite or heat up the bowl.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Ray Mackessy wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:05 pm
Ellis You wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:41 pm
Ray Mackessy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:57 am Just for giggles I purchased a pouch of Captain Black Copper and a 1oz sample of Field & Stream Match Blend. I read where F&S was one of President Ford's favorite blends, so naturally I'm curious.
CB Copper is the best of the CB series, in my opinion. Let us know how the F&S is. I've tried several of the Sutliff Match Blends and have liked them, Flying Dutchman Match is a favorite.
I just got the Match Field & Stream. This blend is very good. I only got 1 oz, but I may just order a pound of it in the future. I'll finish the 1 oz and then decide. Needs to be smoked slow because it will give a mouth tingle, but not really a tongue bite. Maybe that's one reason why President Ford smoked this in the oval office. I know this may sound weird, but I don't get a room note from this blend. That ought to please the wife. I can taste the licorice and there is a sweetness to this blend that I enjoy. I get no floral taste at all. Nicotine is on the mild side. It's definitely an all day smoke, just remember to smoke it slow and will not bite or heat up the bowl.
Thanks! That could be a good one for me to add to an order.
Cobman

I received some Captain Black Regular, Captain Black Copper, and some Smokers Pride Black Cavendish in the mail today. I also went to the nearest pipe shop which is 130 miles away and got some 1-Q, several nice premium cigars, and some Silver Dollar Snuff.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Got hit hard with TAD again. I'm running out of room for more and should start looking for a bigger place to live.

3 tins SG Lakeland Dark
2 tins GL Pease Spark Plug
2 tins Peterson Irish Flake
2 tins Wessex Burley Slice
2 tins Peterson 3P's

Been burning through this tin of GH Balkan Mixture pretty fast and only have 2 more in the stash. It's pretty good. Hopefully I can find some bulk soon and stock up
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Antique shop with Galpal.
Found these two gents, $7 each.
Bone dry and cuh-rispy, but still full!
So....... smoke it??
Last edited by JTWilliams on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Dr Uhaha

JTWilliams wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:12 pm So....... smoke it??
Will probably burn like paper, but unless it is super moldy, I don't see why not. If I found one of my granddad's cans of PA I would definitely smoke it. ✔
JTWilliams

Bro Uhaha wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:15 pm
JTWilliams wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:12 pm So....... smoke it??
Will probably burn like paper, but unless it is super moldy, I don't see why not. If I found one of my grandad's cans of PA I would definitely smoke it. ✔
No mold. No aroma. Nothin. Feels like pencil shavings. :lol:
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski