Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Johnny wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm
JTWilliams wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:59 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:54 pm Somebody needs to tell me about Double Down. Good? Yes? Cheap and good?

I ask because I have empty jars, and it is really the need to stuff jars that drives my purchases. Don't ask. Freudian.
Empty jars indeed make me sad. Sometimes I buy new ones just to make myself happy by filling them.
I may have a problem.
I do the same thing then order too much tobacco and need to buy more jars. Then extra jars and another tobacco order... just snowballs from there. If only tins were cheaper
It's a vicious cycle, yes?
I will say that TAD has cut down significantly on my alcohol consumption.
Life is full of little trade-offs.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

JTWilliams wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 pm
JTWilliams wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:59 pm
Empty jars indeed make me sad. Sometimes I buy new ones just to make myself happy by filling them.
I may have a problem.
I do the same thing then order too much tobacco and need to buy more jars. Then extra jars and another tobacco order... just snowballs from there. If only tins were cheaper
Haven't had a drink in almost 2 years which means that when I turn 40 in March, I'll have been sober over 2 years. I've rewarded myself 5 birth year Dunhills for staying clean! Might have to get something special this year for making it another year lol
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Johnny wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:16 pm
Haven't had a drink in almost 2 years which means that when I turn 40 in March, I'll have been sober over 2 years. I've rewarded myself 5 birth year Dunhills for staying clean! Might have to get something special this year for making it another year lol
26 years on March 4.The personality disorder never goes away, I mean you guys see how I am with pipes and tobacco. The difference is I always enjoy the pipes and tobacco and they don't wreck my life.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

sisyphus wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:39 pm
26 years on March 4.The personality disorder never goes away, I mean you guys see how I am with pipes and tobacco. The difference is I always enjoy the pipes and tobacco and they don't wreck my life.
Awesome! 24 years to go for me... pipes and tobaccos can be money intensive but well worth it. Not to mention A LOT more life friendly. Thanks for the inspiration for something to strive for!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

JTWilliams wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 pm

That's awesome! If I were in your shoes I'd figure out my favorite shape. Then I'd find a carver who absolutely slays that shape and commission one exactly how you want it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Johnerroll

Are these Imageany good I never tried them.
Cajun all way
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Johnerroll wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:55 pm Are these Imageany good I never tried them.
The Dunhill's were excellent and those are the same recipe from the same factory so I'd bet they are. I've tried the Nightcap so far and it's amazing. Have some tins of the 965 saved for when I have less blends open. I hope you enjoy those blends and if you like Latakia, you will
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:39 pm
Very cool guys.. I'm a friend of Bill also.. 14 years in Feb for me. One day at a time!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Johnerroll wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:55 pm Are these Imageany good I never tried them.
They are both fine English styled blends
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Only one way to find out.
The Troll Whisperer