Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 pm Six more ounces of LC Vanilla are waiting for me at the post office. That's all smokingpipes had in stock, and they don't know when they'll be whipping up another batch. Rats. Now I gotta find another codger vanilla I like, and that's harder than it sounds. Guess I'll have to start buying samples. Shucks.
I believe Kevin like the MacBaren Vanilla Cream, and even cheaper is Sutliff 1M Vanilla which Joeman likes and he pretty well knows aros. But Ted's choice is Stokkebye 6 Sweet Vanilla with a recommendation for the number 23 as well. These people have taste, bet you'd like them all.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:28 pm And [mention]MikeDennison[/mention], I just ordered a half LB of it, so if you want I can send you a sample whenever it shows up :D
Sounds like a plan! I like samples! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:37 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 pm Six more ounces of LC Vanilla are waiting for me at the post office. That's all smokingpipes had in stock, and they don't know when they'll be whipping up another batch. Rats. Now I gotta find another codger vanilla I like, and that's harder than it sounds. Guess I'll have to start buying samples. Shucks.
I believe Kevin like the MacBaren Vanilla Cream, and even cheaper is Sutliff 1M Vanilla which Joeman likes and he pretty well knows aros. But Ted's choice is Stokkebye 6 Sweet Vanilla with a recommendation for the number 23 as well. These people have taste, bet you'd like them all.
Oh my! An embarrassment of riches! Thanks, Mr. Monkfish!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:37 pm Stokkebye
Just ordered samples of all of the above.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:11 pm Just ordered samples of all of the above.
Another one came to mind - Orlik Club Mixture(not to be confused with their Mellow Mixture which I found horrific). Vanilla and some Caramel, and it smells like Waffles. Somewhat similar to the Davidoff Danish and way cheaper. Not Bulk cheap, but the same price as the Lane Macanudo you have been sighted smoking a time or two.

Another thought would be to find a VaBur base you really like, and throw a couple vanilla beans in the jar with it.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Houtenziel wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:23 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:11 pm Just ordered samples of all of the above.
Another one came to mind - Orlik Club Mixture(not to be confused with their Mellow Mixture which I found horrific). Vanilla and some Caramel, and it smells like Waffles. Somewhat similar to the Davidoff Danish and way cheaper. Not Bulk cheap, but the same price as the Lane Macanudo you have been sighted smoking a time or two.

Another thought would be to find a VaBur base you really like, and throw a couple vanilla beans in the jar with it.
Thanks, Hout! I'll put that one on the list for the next order. I tried Orlik Mellow Mixture and agree with you heartily. To quote my granddaughter, "Ew!" & Vanilla beans in a base blend? Hey! It's worth a try! Kind of like some codgers putting apple slices in a blend, I imagine.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Thanks, Hout! I'll put that one on the list for the next order. I tried Orlik Mellow Mixture and agree with you heartily. To quote my granddaughter, "Ew!" & Vanilla beans in a base blend? Hey! It's worth a try! Kind of like some codgers putting apple slices in a blend, I imagine.
Whole vanilla beans are powerful enough to essence things they are stored with. You can toss a couple whole beans in with a jar of sugar and in a short time you will have vanilla sugar.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Houtenziel wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:29 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Whole vanilla beans are powerful enough to essence things they are stored with. You can toss a couple whole beans in with a jar of sugar and in a short time you will have vanilla sugar.
Right on! I'm gonna give that a go.
Jlando19

ImageImage

Hoping I didn't accidentally cross post this in another topic. Had a little snafu.

I'm really excited about this haul I grabbed on smokingpipes.com They had a 15% off sale on Mac Baren tins. I'm really excited to try a pure Virginia.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Jlando19 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:33 pm
Hoping I didn't accidentally cross post this in another topic. Had a little snafu.

I'm really excited about this haul I grabbed on smokingpipes.com They had a 15% off sale on Mac Baren tins. I'm really excited to try a pure Virginia.
Golden Extra is fantastic, I can vouch for that one. Actually I don't think I've had a MB blend that I didn't think was decent. If you end up liking Golden Extra, you should give Symphony a shot.
― Theodore Roosevelt