Latest Tobacco Purchase 2021

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

List ‘em here!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I guess I'll be the one to start. Snagged 3 3.5oz tins of MB Bold Kentucky and 8 random tins from tobaccopipes (it's a thing) because I kind of like to gamble and I like surprises. If I get a bunch of stuff that doesn't appeal to me then I have things I can send to others. It's a win win
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I'm all gaga over making an order . I see some blends ive been out of for a while in stock . I want to do an IRC order but my god you have to spend 125 to get free shipping .. if you dont , their shipping rates are horrible .

I saw a picture of Sutliffs Middleton Cherry " match " ... jeez , it actually even looks like it , it really does . .. https://wvsmokeshop.com/middletonscherryblend.aspx

Anyway , Im in order mode but have to pull the trigger .. making choices
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:55 pm it actually even looks like it , it really does . ..
yeah it does
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:45 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:55 pm it actually even looks like it , it really does . ..
yeah it does
No kidding , right ?! I'm gonna order some [ 4 oz ] and see if I dig it or not . But I was shocked looking at the blend in the picture ... freaking amazing resemblance
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ordered a few match blends from WV .. Not a big order but good enough to know whether Ill like them or not . I'm hoping the cherry blend is close enough . If the Sugar Barrel is close enough , I'll be quite psyched . The Elizabethan , I'm not so interested in but i'm just curious

Middleton's Cherry Blend Alternative Bulk (4 oz. Bag)

Middleton's Sugar Barrel Alternative Bulk (1oz. Bag)

Sutliff MATCH Dunhill Elizabethan (1oz. Bag)
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:53 pm Ordered a few match blends from WV .. Not a big order but good enough to know whether Ill like them or not . I'm hoping the cherry blend is close enough . If the Sugar Barrel is close enough , I'll be quite psyched . The Elizabethan , I'm not so interested in but i'm just curious

I see an awful lot of folks say that the sutliff elizabethan isn't a great match but is a really great blend on its own. I bet you'll dig it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:15 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:53 pm Ordered a few match blends from WV .. Not a big order but good enough to know whether Ill like them or not . I'm hoping the cherry blend is close enough . If the Sugar Barrel is close enough , I'll be quite psyched . The Elizabethan , I'm not so interested in but i'm just curious

I see an awful lot of folks say that the sutliff elizabethan isn't a great match but is a really great blend on its own. I bet you'll dig it
See , that would be fine because I was never too big on Elizabethan to begin with . My wife liked the Sutliff Private stock golden Age tin when it was made . It was supposed to be an Elizabethan type match thing but they employed a bit of a goldish cavendish , which changed it too much for a match , but it was really neat . I figure shell try it also .
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:53 pm If the Sugar Barrel is close enough , I'll be quite psyched .
Man, I hope you're psyched!

I figured the SB match was the same exact blend Mid-Town was passing off as Sweet Cask/Sugar Barrel, which isn't even close IMO. So I hope you have good news for me! I have my doubts though, but I hope I'm wrong and you deliver good tidings!!

As for the CB match and Mid-Town CB... They are each close enough to original CB and I enjoy them both. I need to order more myself come to think of it. Keep us posted!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I have tried the Prince Andrew/PA match and the Sweet Cask/SB match. I have smoked a wagon load of PA over the years and quite a bit of the original Sugar Barrel. Neither match is close to the originals in my opinion. Thats not to say they are not good in their own right. Just not a very close match. I wish you better luck with this one.