Latest Tobacco Purchase 2021

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Vanilla-ey stuff.. Channeling MikeDennison(wherever that fine gent may be).

Low Country Vanilla
4th Gen 1957
PS Nougat
MB Vanilla Cream Loose Cut
MB 7 Seas Reg (been meaning to try this for a while).

Really wanted to also try some PA soft vanilla, but it is apparently NLA.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Yeah where is @MikeDennison
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

rekamepip wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:58 am
Silver wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:47 am SP has the cans of both. No pouches.
I hadn’t really looked online for either in a long time and just noticed that JRcigars had them listed but wasn’t sure if they were really available because they don’t always manage too keep their inventory updated

Hmmm
T.A.D. Is now Activated once again 😡
I like them both but they have priced themselves out of my league. With tax they are $40 ofr 14 ounces! 14 ounces!! This grates on my frugal sensibilities, eh @Fr_Tom ? I look for sales, go with the Low Country bulks, and Grand Croupier nowadays.

$40 for a tub of PA or CH! And that's online! Hell, it's over $50 before taxes if you buy it at a store here in Texas! Maybe that should have been one of our new laws here...lower the price of tobacco!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 pm
I hadn’t really looked online for either in a long time and just noticed that JRcigars had them listed but wasn’t sure if they were really available because they don’t always manage too keep their inventory updated

Hmmm
I like them both but they have priced themselves out of my league. With tax they are $40 ofr 14 ounces! 14 ounces!! This grates on my frugal sensibilities, eh @Fr_Tom ? I look for sales, go with the Low Country bulks, and Grand Croupier nowadays.

$40 for a tub of PA or CH! And that's online! Hell, it's over $50 before taxes if you buy it at a store here in Texas! Maybe that should have been one of our new laws here...lower the price of tobacco!
I like the stuff, but the cost per ounce is the barrier. It is not THAT good to me when I can buy LC VaBur. They have been out of Double Down the past few times I have ordered something.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 pm

Hmmm

I recently paid 60 for that old tub of KCCB and 53 for that 79! Never again. :shock:
The Troll Whisperer
rekamepip
Codger in Training

So true
Thanks @Kevin Keith @Fr_Tom and @Bruyere_Royale for bringing me back to my senses

T.A.D. Diverted
Whew that was close call!!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

rekamepip wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:59 pm So true
Thanks @Kevin Keith @Fr_Tom and @Bruyere_Royale for bringing me back to my senses

T.A.D. Diverted
Your welcome! Lol
I will however pay out of my ears for SWRA.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:06 pm

T.A.D. Diverted
Your welcome! Lol
I could by a pound of a GH rope online for almost the same price that I’d pay for 14 ounces of PA locally!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:03 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:06 pm

T.A.D. Diverted
Your welcome! Lol
I could by a pound of a GH rope online for almost the same price that I’d pay for 14 ounces of PA locally!
Luckily you have your match. That's a ridiculous price.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Houtenziel wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:08 pm Vanilla-ey stuff.. Channeling MikeDennison(wherever that fine gent may be).

Low Country Vanilla
4th Gen 1957
PS Nougat
MB Vanilla Cream Loose Cut
MB 7 Seas Reg (been meaning to try this for a while).

Really wanted to also try some PA soft vanilla, but it is apparently NLA.

So this is kinda interesting. I got this order, and I cracked the 4th Gen 1957 to give it a whiff and noticed that the inner paper and the topper were completely saturated with oils, and the rim of the tin was starting to rust. The tobacco smells heavenly fermented, and I flipped the tin over and bam.. I guess I will be smokin' some extra aged 1957.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt