Latest Tobacco Purchase 2023

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Starting out the year ordering a Tub of Carter Hall
Hoping they toss in a little something something along with it for padding purposes
(or am I the only one who ships packages like that)
:lol:
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

I ordered a box of 1792 from Wilke. Currently smoking on some from 2016. Have heard it’s not as saucy which would be a shame.
ncrobb
Founding Member

BlueRidge wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:13 pm I ordered a box of 1792 from Wilke. Currently smoking on some from 2016. Have heard it’s not as saucy which would be a shame.
I get a nicotine buzz from just reading 1792. It’s the only blend I’ve found that I couldn’t handle. Lol. Good for you!
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
kschatey

ncrobb wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:13 pm
BlueRidge wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:13 pm I ordered a box of 1792 from Wilke. Currently smoking on some from 2016. Have heard it’s not as saucy which would be a shame.
I get a nicotine buzz from just reading 1792. It’s the only blend I’ve found that I couldn’t handle. Lol. Good for you!
Me too. I puked and then passed out. Glad I'm not the only nic whimp here now!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:57 pm
You still are...
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:46 pm

You still are...
:?
ncrobb
Founding Member

I have smoked all manner of ropes, plugs and flakes. The rum soaked twists I made a few years ago, esp the second batch, were strong. I think it was the tonquin on top of the nic that got me. Will say that I do not enjoy a nic buzz.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

ncrobb wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:08 pm

I have smoked all manner of ropes, plugs and flakes. The rum soaked twists I made a few years ago, esp the second batch, were strong. I think it was the tonquin on top of the nic that got me. Will say that I do not enjoy a nic buzz.
In terms of ropes/twists I’ve only tried the SG XX (because it’s the only one I could get my hands on) and I’m not a fan of its flavor. I’ve always wanted to try the GH rope/twists to see if I’d enjoy chewing them. Rum soaked twist sounds amazing!
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

1792 is best dried , rubbed and snorted ... just sayin

Tobaccopipes got in some stuff . After Christmas , things are usually low .

Snagged a pouch of Amphora Original hoping its similar to the old brown label
Got a tin of Dans Patriot Flake
Got a tin of Dans Limerick
A tin of Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut

Each of the tins are favorites . The price for European 50 gram tins is steep , truly . But I dont buy too many tins [ at least in my view ] . The Germans are pipe tobacco masters , I swear . Usually Id hold out to get Wessex Red Virginia Flake and some others but I was afraid if I waited that the rest would be gone .

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:09 pm 1792 is best dried , rubbed and snorted ... just sayin

Tobaccopipes got in some stuff . After Christmas , things are usually low .

Snagged a pouch of Amphora Original hoping its similar to the old brown label
Got a tin of Dans Patriot Flake
Got a tin of Dans Limerick
A tin of Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut

Each of the tins are favorites . The price for European 50 gram tins is steep , truly . But I dont buy too many tins [ at least in my view ] . The Germans are pipe tobacco masters , I swear . Usually Id hold out to get Wessex Red Virginia Flake and some others but I was afraid if I waited that the rest would be gone .

Should have snagged some of the sillems stuff while it was still on sale. The commodore flake is the same stuff as McConnell latakia flake
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin