Escudo Navy De Luxe

John

Like many things, once I find something I like, I stick with it. I have smoked nothing but cavendish and cavendish blends since I enjoy them so much. This past weekend, I purchased a tin of Escudo at a cigar lounge my friends and I frequent and love it! I am looking for any suggestions on other types of blends to try since I like this one so much. I taste what people describe as raisin and plum and I think this is from the perique tobacco. Looking forward to hear your recommendations and appreciate the help.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

St. James flake, Elizabethan(Sutliff Match or Dunhill if you can find it), Robert McConnell Scottish Cake, Anniversary Kake, PS Luxury Bullseye/Navy Flake(A little more grass/hay).. those are the first few that come to mind that also have the more fruity vs spicy Perique flavors. Admittedly though, I am not as well versed in VaPer as I'd like to be, so I am sure others will chime in.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I find that I can often get perique to present as peppery when puffed and fruity when sipped. A few very good VaPer blends that have not been mentioned are Louisiana Red, Bayou Morning, Long Golden Flake, Orlik Golden Sliced.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
John

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a lot of tasting to do!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I should say that for a perique blend, Picayune is one of my favorites. It contains some burley and Orientals too. I have never gotten the raisin/plum out of Picayune.

It also packs a punch (you have been warned).

Old Ted Award - 2017
Middle Earth

St. James Flake is my current favorite.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Someone from the DGCF (maybe Joe) sent me a sample of Cool Hand Fluke, a John Patton Virginia/Perique @ 40% Perique. Very good and lots of the figgy character.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Don't forget Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls. I find this one to be "sweeter" than Escudo.
The Troll Whisperer
kxg

The PS Luxury Bulls Eye is my favorite. I find it most interesting when folded and stuffed. The sweetness from Cavendish is a surprise when you hit that spot.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Exclusive is good too. I got a sample of that and then got a pound which I went through pretty quickly.

Old Ted Award - 2017