Sales and Coupon Codes WHO HAS THE BEST DEALS ? post here

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:13 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:57 am
Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:47 am I signed up for the email and didn't get one. Was too late to score anything... sheesh!
I was waiting for it and had a cart ready to go, couldn't get to the checkout fast enough. I got to the checkout twice and both times what I had just added was gone. This is a little ridiculous, I know what I want as I've been buying for years, have to imagine how much of this stuff went to social media hype buyers who have never tried any of this stuff, and more than likely won't like it. How many reviews bash SG/GH for smelling like a dead ladys purse? Why did they even buy any?
I think some of it is resellers. I was looking to get some from ebay out of being desperate but decided not to give in. There looks to be 250g boxes on P&C now
This is really the sad part about the pipe smoking community at large. There are a number of individuals who do nothing but comb the web and buy up these blends, only to flip them on forums/ebay, etc.
I can think of a couple individuals on "other" forums that do this a LOT, with pipes and tobaccos alike. It seems to be a fairly accepted practice too, which I find a little disturbing.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:37 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:57 am
I was waiting for it and had a cart ready to go, couldn't get to the checkout fast enough. I got to the checkout twice and both times what I had just added was gone. This is a little ridiculous, I know what I want as I've been buying for years, have to imagine how much of this stuff went to social media hype buyers who have never tried any of this stuff, and more than likely won't like it. How many reviews bash SG/GH for smelling like a dead ladys purse? Why did they even buy any?
I think some of it is resellers. I was looking to get some from ebay out of being desperate but decided not to give in. There looks to be 250g boxes on P&C now
This is really the sad part about the pipe smoking community at large. There are a number of individuals who do nothing but comb the web and buy up these blends, only to flip them on forums/ebay, etc.
I can think of a couple individuals on "other" forums that do this a LOT, with pipes and tobaccos alike. It seems to be a fairly accepted practice too, which I find a little disturbing.
That's a practice that I don't accept and won't participate in. I've seen a tremendous amount of generosity in this community and that's outstanding. I won't scalp or pay scalpers, though. It's a crappy thing for people to do
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:01 pm

That's a practice that I don't accept and won't participate in. I've seen a tremendous amount of generosity in this community and that's outstanding. I won't scalp or pay scalpers, though. It's a crappy thing for people to do
Just in case you are worried I buy up Grabows to resell for big bucks, set your mind at rest. I have never sold a pipe. I have given some away, and I have done a few trades (one with [mention]Bruyere_Royale[/mention] ). The tobacco I buy is the stuff that is pretty much always in stock, and if someone wanted some Picayune or ODF-RR or something, they could just get some at regular retail for themselves.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Just in case you are worried I buy up Grabows to resell for big bucks, set your mind at rest. I have never sold a pipe. I have given some away, and I have done a few trades (one with Bruyere_Royale ). The tobacco I buy is the stuff that is pretty much always in stock, and if someone wanted some Picayune or ODF-RR or something, they could just get some at regular retail for themselves.
I don't think any of us are worried about you, Father. It's just frustrating to people who love some blends and can't get our mitts on any.
Peacock

But in all seriousness, sorry y'all - SmokingPipes isn't the only one getting it in lately. I bought some from Watch City just last week, so I'm sure the shipments are going out to retailers all over.

Besides TM, trying to use his credit. BTW - credit is for what, trading in pipes? Is that a better return than selling them on eBay? Seems like they'd pay cents on the dollar...

Edit: sorry I'm too lazy to crop out the Celtics tweet below...
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Just in case you are worried I buy up Grabows to resell for big bucks, set your mind at rest. I have never sold a pipe. I have given some away, and I have done a few trades (one with Bruyere_Royale). The tobacco I buy is the stuff that is pretty much always in stock, and if someone wanted some Picayune or ODF-RR or something, they could just get some at regular retail for themselves.
This is one of the reasons why I am smoking all of my stuff down to nothing and sticking to what's readily available. I'm done racing against the clock just to buy something.
The Troll Whisperer
Mrm1775

I have tried the past few days to have more of a filter on my free speech and I will try to continue.
I have a really big problem with people who do that. What I buy is what I smoke and I want some to put back for hard times. I don’t want to be taken advantage of nor preyed upon by some vulture. Like @johnny said I don’t do it nor will I support someone who does.
I have been lucky lately, some of it due to blessings and some to hard work. I made 37 phone calls to locate SG FVF when it was nowhere to be found. Call #14 & #23 had 250g for approximately $61 plus shipping. Nope ain’t doing it!! #37 finally had it with a fair price, great older gentleman, small shop in Kansas. Thank goodness I had 81 numbers on my list to reach out to.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

They're showing up finally, I'm still waiting for GH stuff though. As for the SP credit I've done well so far, I thought it would be pennies on the dollar too but sent a test box to feel them out and was pleasantly surprised. 95% of the pipes I've purchased were $10-20, some much less and maybe a handful in the 30's. In my situation it has served me well. Why pay $60, or however much Burley Flake is, when they give me $80 credit on a pipe I have less than 30 in?
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Pipes and Cigars did have some of the boxes for about 31 each. They lasted a while but are out of stock again. I ordered some about 1pm and received a confirmation email. Keeping my fingers crossed that the order ships. I've been craving some for quite a while now and will be smoking it sparingly
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:07 pm Pipes and Cigars did have some of the boxes for about 31 each. They lasted a while but are out of stock again. I ordered some about 1pm and received a confirmation email. Keeping my fingers crossed that the order ships. I've been craving some for quite a while now and will be smoking it sparingly
Yeah, I broke down and grabbed a box of FVF. Now to see how this plays out...

On a plus note 500g of Grasmere landed here today, already jarred it.